Coordinator | Out of School Hours Care (OSHC / OOSH) | Northern Beaches Area
“Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children, play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.”
– Fred Rogers
This boutique small family operated OSHC is looking for a Coordinator to join their Exceeding service, located near Frenchs Forest in Sydney’s beautiful Northern Beaches.
- Dedicated space on school grounds | Great team | Chef to handle all food requirements
- $80,000 - $85,000 yearly salary | Above award rates pending experience & qualification.
- Generous monthly budget for resources & equipment
Located on school grounds, this school is committed to ensuring a respectful, supportive & equitable environment for all children. The school places importance on consulting with all stakeholders including its students. You will find the OSHC service has a great relationship with the School Principal and not only has its own designated space, is also able to access different areas of the school as needed.
As Coordinator, you will be responsible for the day to day organisation, management and leadership of this exceeding OSHC service. With an established & dedicated team including; an Educational Leader, Senior Educators and a Chef, you will be well supported in your new role. Why this role?
Why this centre?
- $80,000-$85,000 annual salary + superannuation
- Full time position, 38 hours a week
- Block shifts and flexible working arrangements available
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- High value placed on staff team and educator wellbeing
- Leadership role with opportunities to implement a strong structure
Who are we looking for?
- High quality service with an exceeding rating
- Chef on site to handle all food requirements
- Service caps child attendance below licensed numbers to ensure quality supervision and interactions with children
- This OSHC service highly values its team seen through incentive programs including ongoing professional development, staff social events and dinner provided at your staff meeting!
- Full-time Educational Leader to support you (also being advertised)
- Service utilises Appsessment for documentation and family communication
- Service utilises Kidsxap for CCMS
- Located on school grounds with a supportive school and community
- A passionate professional with preferable experience as a Coordinator / Assistant Coordinator / Team Leader in OSHC or early childhood
- Experience dealing with stakeholders, building relationships & ensuring positive interactions with the school community
- Someone with a focus on quality improvement to achieve Service goals
- A thorough understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Regulations & Law, & the My Time Our Place Learning Framework
- Working towards a qualification or hold Diploma in Children’s Services (Out-of-Hours Care), or equivalent desirable.
- CHCPRT001- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
In your position you will create a culture, adopt strategies & take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children & young people. A Working with Children Check applies to this position What now?
Please do not hesitate to inquire for any further questions on the position via the team at firstname.lastname@example.org How can I apply?
Submit your resume along with a cover letter that outlines why you would make a great fit for this position. Please ensure your resume is up to date & showcases who you are.
You may want to include a personal philosophy or mission statement to stand out from the other candidates.
Firefly HR - OSHC Specific Recruitment
Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
- Dedicated space on school grounds | Great team | Chef to handle all food prep!
- $80-$85K + super | Above award rates, pending experience & qualifications.
- Generous monthly budget for resources & equipment | Own space in school grounds.