Coordinator | Out of School Hours Care (OSHC / OOSH) | Rooty Hill Area
"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
Why this role?
- Exceeding service | Recently underwent A&R | Great team | On school grounds.
- $34 - $40 per hour | Above award rates pending experience & qualification.
- Full Time, 38hrs | 4 days split shifts & 1 day block shifts (5 days total).
- Out of ratio for the before school care sessions, lots of time to catch up on admin tasks, emails and more – don’t be rushed.
Why this centre?
- $34 - $40 per hour + super and above award for the right candidate that possesses the right experience and qualifications and dependent on size of the centre.
- Full time position, 38 hours a week.
- Ideally split shifts to ensure smooth operation of the centre, however opportunity to work 4 days split shifts and the other 1 day as block shifts (over the 5 day week) for flexibility and for the right candidate.
- As Coordinator you will be responsible for the day to day organisation, management and leadership of this OSHC service.
- Plenty of admin / non-contact time to catch up on all your daily tasks, never feel rushed in your work. Coordinator’s are out of ratio for before school sessions, giving you time to catch up on admin tasks, emails and more – plus the other additional hours you have within the week.
- As the centre grows, an Assistant Coordinator who is the Educational Leader will be added to help support you in your role
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Opportunity for career progression and growth as the organisation expands.
- Head office to organise policies and other items, giving you more time to focus on the centre, QIP, children, team and the community.
- Leadership position as Nominated Supervisor and Educational Leader (which as the centre grows will change).
- Looking for a change of service? Or from early childcare that is fun and rewarding?
Who are we looking for?
- Under 70 place service approved for before and after school care.
- Currently averages less than 20 children for before and after school care however is expected to grow.
- Currently does not run vacation care however there are other local services in the same organisation that do where children can go and staff.
- Recently rated Exceeding service, in late 2020.
- Centre utilises Hubworks for CCMS.
- School has a fantastic relationship with the centre and both work well together. The school always accommodates the centre when required, includes the centre in school events and always keeps the premises well maintained.
- Close knit small and kind community that is very supportive of the centre.
- Operates out of the school hall, however they have their own dedicated storage space, and an office and kitchen which is available at all times to staff. The hall has minimal use by the school and does not have an impact on the service (plenty of time to set up / pack up). The centre is able to use the walls, windows and doors to display information or art and is even allowed to leave parts of the centre set up in the hall and not needed to be packed away.
- All the outdoor school space is available to the centre and there is even a gated off garden area just for the centre.
- Organisation has a focus on supporting educators with celebrations and incentives in place throughout the year. They understand the importance of educators in OSHC and like to reward them intrinsically and extrinsically.
- Work for an organisation that sees you more than an employee. You will be a part of a team, that work together and support one another.
- Work somewhere where you are valued with training and connections to other services.
- Located on school grounds with a supportive school and community.
- Gain valuable experience working with primary aged children and further develop your career.
- Strong leader that can work autonomously in this small service.
- CHCPRT001Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Working towards a qualification or hold Diploma in Children’s Services (Out-of-Hours Care), or equivalent desirable.
- Preferable experience as a Coordinator / Assistant Coordinator / Responsible Person / Nominated Supervisor / Team Leader in OSHC or early childhood.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NQF and all it embodies - NQS, Framework, Regulations.
- Experience dealing with stakeholders, building relationships & ensuring positive interactions with the school community
- Someone looking for a change of organisation, who wants to step up and make a positive difference and who can take charge and ownership of the service.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent hard to children and young people.
A Working with Children Check applies to this position. What now?
Please do not hesitate to inquire for any further questions on the position via the team at email@example.com How can I apply?
Submit your resume along with a cover letter that outlines why you would make a great fit for this position.
Please ensure your resume is up to date & showcases who you are.
You may want to include a personal philosophy or mission statement to stand out from the other candidates. Please apply through the link.
Firefly HR - OSHC Specific Recruitment
Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
- Exceeding service | Recently underwent A&R | On school grounds, positive culture
- $34 - $40 per hour | Above award rates pending experience & qualification
- Full Time, 38hrs | 4 days split shifts 1 day block shifts (5 days total)