Coordinator | Out of School Hours Care (OSHC / OOSH) | Penrith Area
“Anyone, anywhere, can make a positive difference”
- Mark Sanborn.
This boutique small owner operated OSHC is looking for a Coordinator to join their new service, located near Penrith in Sydney’s West.
- New service, small owner operator with a genuine positive outlook.
- Full Time, 38 hrs pw | $34.88 - $35.62 ph (Level 6.4-6.6)
- Split shifts whilst the service is small, happy to consider blocks as it grows (understands burnout).
This new service is located on school grounds and has a positive relationship with the school and community. As the service is new and the first for this school to have, although approved for around 60 children there are currently less than 20 children attending.
This is your chance to either step down from a large centre and get back to what you love most (working with the children, creating those individual relationships and more) or step up into a leadership position if you are looking for a change of service.
As Coordinator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day organisation, management and leadership of this OSHC service. Why this role?
Why this centre?
- $34.88 - $35.62 ph (Level 6.4-6.6) plus broken shift allowance.
- Full time position, 38 hours a week.
- Split shifts to start whilst the service is small, however the owner is very supportive and understanding of burnout in the industry and is happy to move to blocks as the centre grows.
- High value placed on staff team and educator wellbeing.
- Possibility of expansion and growth for the right person in the future.
- Be the face of the service, build on QA6 with the community and families and at the same time promote growth in the service. Have clear communication with all stakeholders.
- Take on the Nominated Supervisor role.
- Admin wise be involved and lead risk assessments, WHS, vacation care planning, compliance, meet and/or exceed NQS where possible, work on the QIP (or use the Self Assessment Tool).
- Provide leadership, act as a positive role model to other educators and children.
Who are we looking for?
- New service, your chance to make your mark and cement those positive relationships already in place. A chance to lead the direction of this service with an emphasis on a happy centre for all involved (children, educators, families).
- Service utilises OWNA for CCMS.
- Located on school grounds with a supportive school and community.
- Someone that is happy and positive, that is willing to grow and learn, that has initiative and is motivated.
- Centre has a program that is heavily sports based, so someone that enjoys sport / play would be desirable as it is a big part of the service and philosophy.
- A passionate professional with preferable experience as a Coordinator / Assistant Coordinator / Team Leader in OSHC or early childhood.
- Experience dealing with stakeholders, building relationships & ensuring positive interactions with the school community.
- Someone with a focus on quality improvement to achieve Service goals.
- A thorough understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Regulations & Law, & the My Time Our Place Learning Framework.
- Working towards a qualification or hold Diploma in Children’s Services (Out-of-Hours Care), or equivalent desirable.
- CHCPRT001- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
In your position you will create a culture, adopt strategies & take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children & young people. A Working with Children Check and Criminal History Check applies to this position. What now?
Please do not hesitate to inquire for any further questions on the position via the team at firstname.lastname@example.org How can I apply?
Submit your resume along with a cover letter that outlines why you would make a great fit for this position. Please ensure your resume is up to date & showcases who you are. You may want to include a personal philosophy or mission statement to stand out from the other candidates.
Firefly HR - OSHC Specific Recruitment
Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
- New small (20 kids)service, small owner operator with a genuine positive outlook
- Full Time, 38 hrs pw | $34.88 - $35.62 ph (Level 6.4-6.6) | Wellbeing mindset.
- Split shifts whilst the service is small, consider blocks as service grows.