Senior Educator | Out of School Hours Care (OSHC/OOSH) | Dee Why Area "Prioritise the fun and the learning will come"
Check out this great opportunity that has arisen for an OSHC Senior Educator to join this well-established volunteer Parent Committee managed OSHC centre in the Dee Why area.
- Between $22.74 - $28.02 per hour perm part time rate (pending experience / qualification).
- Perm part-time hours of 25 hours per week | Split Shifts for work life balance | Supportive Community.
- An additional Split Shift Allowance of $16.76 per day a split is worked.
- Perhaps looking for a change from OSHC service, childcare or teaching or wanting to gain more experience working with 5-12 year olds?
An Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) centre managed by a volunteer Parent Committee are seeking 2 Senior Educators to join their well-established team.
The centre has a strong organisational structure in place to ensure the workload is evenly spread. There are 7 leadership positions at the centre, all with a different focus area which leads to an efficiently run centre.
This centre is located in a positive and supportive school community that “is committed to providing inclusive, evidence–based, quality education so that all students are inspired to connect, succeed, thrive and learn in an ever–changing, global society.” Why make this your next role?
What would the role involve?
- Senior Educator role, be a part of the leadership team and help deliver quality care to children.
- Step up into a leadership role & gain valuable experience working with 5-12 year old children.
- Work at a school that believes “Together we provide a respectful, happy and friendly school environment”.
About the centre?
- Split shifts, allowing for great work life balance and to enjoy more of the wonderful location (imagine Summer at the beach?), hours on the floor vary between 6:45am – 9:15am and 2pm – 6pm.
- Additional programming and admin time of up to 3 – 4 hours per week off the floor.
- Work 25 hours a week consisting of 5 split shifts a fortnight (2 mornings one week / 3 the other) and all afternoons.
- Vacation Care, lots of fun holiday activities, with a variety of shifts between 7am and 6pm.
- Act as responsible person in charge from time to time for sessions.
Who are we looking for?
- Centre sticks to above ratio, usually around 1:10.
- Don’t be rushed in the afternoons, there is great procedures in place with additional support off the floor of an admin person for phone calls or anything else.
- Located on school grounds with own premises on site.
- Licenced for around 130 children and averaging 25 in the morning and 60-70 in the afternoon currently.
- Uses KidsXap for CCMS software.
- Approved Provider is a Volunteer Parent Management Committee, which means all funds go back into the service.
- Someone that enjoys working with children.
- Highly desirable experience working with children, especially in an OSHC / Childcare setting.
Ability to work well in a supportive team environment.
- CHCPRT001: Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection (or willingness to obtain).
- HLTAID004: Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (or willingness to obtain).
Grab this opportunity and be a part of this amazing team! Child Safety:
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
In your position you will help to create a culture, adopt strategies & take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children & young people.
A Working with Children Check applies to this position. What now?
Please do not hesitate to inquire for any further questions on the position via the team at firstname.lastname@example.org How to apply:
Submit your resume along with a cover letter that outlines why you would make a great fit for this position at the below link. Please ensure your resume is up to date & showcases who you are. You may want to include a personal philosophy or mission statement to stand out from the other candidates.
Firefly HR - OSHC Specific Recruitment
Encouraging Positive Change in OSHC - made by Educators for Educators.
- Between $22.74 - $28.02 per hour perm part time rate (pending exp / quals)
- Perm part-time 25 hours pw | Admin Time Inc | Split Shifts, work life balance
- Dee Why area (beach lunch breaks?) | NFP | Own space in school | Above Ratio