Out of School Hours Care (OSHC / OOSH) Educators for Temporary / Casual work in North / North West Sydney:
After 3 years of research, design and development, 2021 will see the release of the Firefly HR App! The app will bring together Educators and Services ensuring quality supervision, engagement and programming.
We are seeking dedicated and passionate educators to be a part of a brand-new casual working experience launching in North / North West Sydney.
What is OSHC?
- Firefly HR are the only OSHC specific recruitment company in Sydney.
- Firefly HR has been made by educators, for educators.
- We are passionate about creating positive change and making a difference.
- We believe in OSHC and providing quality care to children – which starts with quality educators.
OSHC is the care of primary aged children (5-12 years) before and after school and during school holidays. It is an important sector that is growing with an OSHC centre in nearly every school in Sydney. With this growth, it has bought a demand for quality educators. OSHC is the perfect position for those studying, especially those studying education based subjects.
Hours are usually between 6:30am – 9:30am and 2pm – 6:30pm Monday to Friday. Hours are different centre to centre What do we do?
Why make this your next role?
- We are an OSHC specific recruitment agency, made by OSHC educators.
- As we have industry experience we will provide guidance, advice and support.
- We are connecting Educators with centres for casual and temp positions. Due to ratios being set in NSW, centres are often in demand of quality educators with lots of work opportunities available.
- For casual / temp educators, you will be employed by Firefly HR. We ensure you will be paid correctly and timely, receive super and properly ensured.
- For casual / temp educators, we have the Firefly HR App (releasing very soon) to connect you at ease, 24/7, with centres. You are in control of where and when you work. For more information check our YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ei4d0CsH0Y
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work to suit your needs - you pick where & when you work. Update your availability at any time via the Firefly HR App.
- Split shifts of before and after school care, great work life balance.
- Rewarding flexible role in a positive work environment.
- OSHC is guided by a positive play-based framework called My Time, Our Place.
- Perhaps you love working with children but looking for a change of OSHC centre, from childcare or teaching?
Who are we looking for?
- We know you want to work somewhere where you are valued. We will have your best interests at the forefront of what we do.
- Gain valuable experience working with primary aged children by connecting with OSHC centres near you.
- Be supported by an experienced team – we know the value of quality educators.
- No qualifications required for general educator roles.
- Flexible to suit your study needs – perfect for students studying Education.
- Great pay rates starting from $25.36 for no experience, $28.86 for experience (to be approved), and $34.01 for qualified (Diploma and above).
- Launching in Sydney’s North / North West (Hills, Epping, Hornsby, Parramatta, etc areas). Rest of Sydney and Greater Sydney to follow.
- OSHC Educators do have to be a certain type of person – the best suited are those that are: Adaptable; flexible; positive; self aware; open minded; socially aware; empathetic; light hearted; friendly; patient; reliable; and most of all - enjoy being around children.
- Someone willing to learn with a positive mindset.
Onboarding educators now, for the Firefly HR App release (TBC - but soon) - be ready to work and get roles in seconds! Child Safety:
Looking for an individual that will understand, adhere and promote The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. By working for Firefly HR, you will help create a culture, adopt strategies and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. A paid Working with Children Check applies to this position.
Get in contact if you are looking to join the OSHC sector or even if you are already in the OSHC sector and looking to see what your options are.
Please apply through the link, don't forget to include a detailed resume on why you would be a good fit for working in OSHC and match what we are looking for.
All applicants will be thoroughly screened.
Email the team at email@example.com
if you have any questions.
Join Firefly HR now, connect with the OSHC community and make a difference. Follow us on Facebook @fireflyhroshc
Firefly HR – OSHC Specific Recruitment
Encouraging Positive Change in OSHC - made by Educators for Educators.
Every child deserves a champion. An adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.
- RITA PIERSON
- Casual / Temp Work | Work where & when you want | 24/7 access via our APP*
- Great pay rates $25.36 no experience, $28.86 experience, $34.01 Diploma +.
- Flexible work with Primary aged children, 5-12 yrs, build your experience.