Early Childhood Teacher for Extended Hours Pre-school (3-5yrs) in the Box Hill Area
Warami – Hello (Darug)
This service is located on land with the Traditional Owners being the Darug people.
‘Educating the mind without educating the heart, is no education at all’
A brilliant opportunity for Early Childhood Teachers (ECT’s) at all stages of their professional journey to join this Not for Profit Early Childhood Education service located in the Box Hill area in Sydney’s Hill District, that is opening in 2022.
As the inaugural ECT’s, the service is licenced for under 60 children and will be looking for 3 ECT’s to start (plus the Director – which means 4 x qualified ECT’s will be at the service).
The 3 ECT positions available each can be different with varying roles, please note your preference when applying (if you have a preference for a ECT position, or want to apply for any):
- ECT & Assistant Director
- ECT & Educational Leader
- ECT (general)
Every Educator has their own preference, if you are unsure or would like to know more about how each of the above individual roles might look – please reach out to our team (also made up of qualified Educators ourselves)
and we will be able to help you.
It is a great opportunity to start in a new service, working alongside other dedicated Early Childhood Education professionals in an organisation that truly puts the children first – quality of care is at the forefront of all that they do. About the ECT positions available:
About the ECT Roles and what it might look like at the service:
- Looking for a start date of approximately 10th January, 2022 with possibility . This will give the ECT’s time to navigate and learn the ins and outs of the new service before it officially opens later in the month.
- Ideally full time, 8.5 hours per day working Monday to Friday (accumulate 12 RDO’s per year - one per month).
- Shift hours preference 8am – 4:30pm; 9am – 5:30pm; 9:30am – 6pm (3 options).
Each ECT role will take on a different focus (Educational Leader, Assistant Director, general), however some of the expectations on an ECT may look like the following:
- Design, plan, implement and evaluate educational programs and practices, including following the approved learning framework (EYLF).
- Lead and support the health, wellbeing, learning and development of children.
- Provide pedagogical leadership.
- Coach, mentor and supervise other educators.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with children and their families.
- Ensure compliance with service policies and national / state based legislation.
- Work with community members and external agencies (where appropriate).
- Lead and delivery of NQS requirements, contribute to QIP / SAT, etc.
- Support families to be involved with the service.
- Planning activities that develop creativity and an interest in learning, physical skills, social skills and self-confidence using a variety of equipment and materials.
ECT’s have such an important role, they work with children in their formative years, they introduce them to the school environment and help them to develop key skills that provide the basis for future learning. About the Education Service:
About the Approved Provider:
- This service is already connected to the community and has links to a school, with great partnership plans in place (transition to school programmes, familiarity with the surroundings, and so much more). The school framework happens to be enquiry based learning, which aligns well with the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) to help contribute to a community of learners.
- Long Day Care (LDC) set up with hours, however only caters to 3-5 years (extended hours Preschool) and is opened for 49 weeks of the year.
- Licenced for under 60 children.
- Service will operate extended hours, from 6:30am to 6pm (however opening and closing Responsible Person – RP – will be Diploma Educators at the service.
- Although not open, the service already has an excellent reputation with a large waitlist (contests to the quality known in the community about this service).
- Service Director is already in place to ensure the set up of the service is well established before the official opening in 2022. Service Director is Bachelor qualified (ECT) and experienced.
- Service utilises Xplor for CCMS & documentation.
- Well resourced service that is purpose built with great indoor and outdoor flow. The resourcing of the service will continue long after opening, with Educators always having access to items as they need.
- There are 3 spaces within the service that makes for easy grouping as needed.
- Can provide photo’ to those that are interested to see more of the learning environment.
- The service, although new, will be starting with a Reggio inspired play based / enquiry-based approach. As a progressive organisation / service, this approach is always being looked at to what suits the children and Educators.
What are we looking for - Essential Criteria:
- Not for Profit Approved Provider with 6 total Early Childhood Education (ECE) services – this will be the 6th to operate. All ECE services have a low staff turnover.
- RDO’s available.
- Access to Employee Assistant Program (EAP) through the organisation.
- Opportunity to Salary Package / Sacrifice.
- Dedicated Approved Provider with quality of care to children guiding and leading their practice.
- Offers NESA accredited professional development, 2 days per year.
- Offers additional in-service professional development with the requests of the Educators in mind of what they are wanting to extend their knowledge on.
- Has a Early Childhood Australia (ECA) learning subscription for each Educator which gives everyone access to webinars, on demand training, and so much more.
- Connect with the other ECE services in the organisation via network meetings, passion area meetings and more
What are we looking for - Desired Criteria:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent degree ACECQA recognised University Degree in Early Childhood.
- Have values that align with respect, encouragement and care.
- Current and valid NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- Criminal History check (validity within 6 months).
- Registered as an accredited teacher with NESA or working towards.
- Current Working Rights.
- Someone with empathy, patience, planning and organisation skills.
- Someone that has a natural affinity for children and a genuine desire to nurture their development.
- Thorough understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Law & Regulations, National Quality Standards and Approved Learning Framework (Early Years Learning Framework) and keep up to date with industry changes and developments.
- Experience with Xplor an advantage.
- Variety and diversity – as there are 3 ECT positions open, the positions are open to a mix of experienced and new ECT’s who are at varying stages of their professional journey.
- Experience as an RP is desirable.
- Experience in planning and programming for individual children and groups using emergent curriculum.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum, supporting curriculum development and documenting children’s learning and development.
- Commitment to ongoing professional learning.
- Ability to engage in professional conversations and positive mentoring relationships.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID012 (04 – superseded) Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Please read the above carefully as we have hand crafted each advertisement to suit each individual service and their differing community needs.
We believe as potential candidates, you deserve as much transparency as possible. We glean as much information on a position that we can so you can make informed decisions on your next career move. Don’t hesitate to ask at the below email address if you have any questions. We are here for you. As educators and former ECT’s, Directors, etc ourselves, we get it. We know what it is like. Want to find out more?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at email@example.com Applying:
We love that!
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for any of these ECT positions through the link.
As there are 3 ECT positions, please list your preference in your application (or say if you don’t have a preference), for reference – copied the options below:
- ECT & Assistant Director
- ECT & Educational Leader
- ECT (general)
When applying, don’t forget to have a think of what information you are including – background, your why (philosophy), how you meet the criteria, and most importantly – don’t forget to double check your application for not only spelling but readability. How does it look? Is it appealing? Does it stand out?
Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors.
Yanu ~ Goodbye (Darug)
- 15% Above Award | $62K-$85K (pending experience) | Start date 10th January 2022
- NFP | 1 RDO each month | 6 ECE services, 5 well established | Low staff turnover
- Extended hrs pre-school | Age Range 3-5 yrs | Excellent facilities | Above Ratio