Coordinator | Outside School Hours Care (OSHC / OOSH) | North-West Sydney
Warami – Hello (Darug)
This service is located on land with the Traditional Owners being the Darug people. "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do."
- Steve Jobs
Make your mark.
Show your leadership.
Let your innovation shine.
We are seeking a committed and passionate service Coordinator to lead and inspire their team of educators in providing a quality education & care service in a service located in North-West Sydney.
As the Coordinator you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the service. As part of this you will ensure quality & compliance, service improvement, application of policies & procedures and the implementation of a child-orientated program.
You will be responsible for team management including the development & training of your educator’s professional practice & the ongoing performance and engagement of your team. About the role?
About the approved provider?
- Full time, 38hours per week.
- Nominated Supervisor position.
- Split shifts to ensure the opportunity to build strong relationships with stakeholders and community is there.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the service.
- $36-$42 per hour + 10% superannuation.
- Excellent facilities and located on school grounds.
- You are not included in ratio during before school care. Be visible but have time to interact with families & children.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
What are we looking for?
- Very supportive NFP Approved Provider who prioritises educator wellbeing and ongoing growth and development.
- Option to salary sacrifice if desired at the organisation.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Head office to organise policies & other administrative tasks – giving you your time back to focus on the service, QIP, children, team & community
- Be a part of Coordinator cluster meetings held every fortnight with your Area Coordinator. Take the time to connect with other Coordinators and develop your skills through professional development.
- Positive culture within the organisation with ongoing professional development & opportunities for career development & growth.
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action, to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Want to apply?
- A leader that is passionate about child development and has innovative pedagogical methods.
- A leader that will work cooperatively and cohesively with the school.
- A deep understanding of My Time, Our Place.
- Confidence in advocating for OSHC.
- Open minded individual that is open to change and innovation
- Someone who can build and maintain strong partnerships with the school executives and the wider school community (other stakeholders).
- Someone who can support & mentor a team of educators.
- Someone with a solid understanding of the National Quality Framework and all it entails including the Guiding Principles, NQS and the My Time Our Place Learning Framework.
- Someone who has strong leadership & managerial skills.
- Someone with experience working in a leadership position within the Education & Care Sector (preferably as an Assistant Coordinator, Coordinator or Director).
- Someone looking for a change of organisation, who wants to step up and make a positive difference and who can take charge and ownership of the service.
- Degree in Early Years Education / Primary Education preferred but a Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent will also be accepted (or working towards).
- CHCPRT001 – Identify & Respond to children and young people at risk – Accredited Child Protection Training (or willingness to obtain).
- HLTAID012 / (004 – superseded) – Provide emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (or willingness to obtain).
- Current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Criminal History Check applies to this position.
- Current working rights in Australia.
Submit your resume along with a cover letter that outlines why you would make a good fit for this position. – please apply through the link Have questions or want to find out more?
Email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are more than happy to talk you through the position and answer any questions you might have.
Yanu – Goodbye (Darug)
Firefly HR - OSHC Specific Recruitment
Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
- Full time | 38 hrs pw | Split shifts | Be the first to lead this new service.
- Make your mark | Show your leadership | Let your innovation shine.
- Above Award 10%, $36-$42 per hour pending exp & qual ($70K - $83K + super).