Educator | Out of School Hours Care (OSHC / OOSH) | Box Hill, Sydney
Worimi! – Hello (Darug)
This Service is located on the traditional land of the Darug people. The Darug people comprised of around fifteen different clans who were known for their strong kinship ties and hunting skills. The Darug people were also known as the “tomahawk people” and hunted kangaroos, emus, and land animals. The Darug language is one of the two Indigenous dialects spoken, with the other language being spoken by the Eora people. Click here to learn more about the Darug people: https://www.murumittigar.com.au/
Are you a creative, passionate, and committed educator who is seeking a permanent role within a brand new OSHC /OOSH Service? This is your chance to snag your dream role!
“Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded.”
– Jess Lair, Author
We are seeking two educators who are extremely passionate about working with children and have experience working in the industry. This is an opportunity to work within a brand new OSHC/OOSH Service and shape it from its inception. The OSHC Service will have around 40 children enrolled initially, making it an intimate Service within a close community. Located within a beautiful school in a central area in the Hills District, this Service has a lot of charm and plenty of outdoor space (approximately 14,000 sqm of play space on the school site) to facilitate a range of engaging activities. The Service is easily accessible by walking or through cycling tracks throughout the community.
You will be able to shape this new Service with your ideas and creativity, and grow with it. Experience within the OSHC/OOSH sector is required, including facilitating extra-curricular activities such as drama, art, and sports programs. You will be supported by the Coordinator, and an amazing non-for-profit Approved Provider who is focused on educator wellbeing. As an educator, you will be on the floor with the children each day, running and prompting programmed and spontaneous activities. Interacting with families and connecting with the school community is also part of this role. You will also participate in reflections and meetings to assist with the running of the Service.
If you have experience as an educator, and love working with children, then you will fit right in at this Service. You will be involved in the set-up of the Service and mini meetings starting from 1:30pm each afternoon. If you are interested in working in the mornings as well, the Service opens at 6:30am. You will be surrounded by a great team who will support your decisions, thoughts and opinions, you will be given opportunities to make your mark and assist the Service with milestones such as A&R. More about these opportunities:
Want to know more about the Service?
- Permanent part time, either 22.5 hours per week, or 35 hours per week.
- NFP approved provider that invests in professional development, excellent resourced services, networking opportunities and so much more.
- Broken shifts, could be solely afternoons, or mornings and afternoons.
- Located in a shared space on school grounds, with a vast outdoor space.
- Brand new Service in a brand new school with excellent facilities.
- Above award 10% approx. $26 - $29 per hour pending experience or qualifications + 10% super.
- Interact and engage with children on the floor, facilitate and implement programmed activities, engage in spontaneous play, support children, guide behaviour, participate in tasks as part of a new and great team.
- Be supported by an experienced Area Manger and leadership team with a great Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator.
We want to get to know you!
- Licenced for 100 children with the actual number of children attending equal to around 40 to start.
- Brand new OSHC Service.
- Shared space on school grounds.
- A vast outdoor space that can facilitate a range of exciting outdoor activities. The outdoor space includes courtyards, roof and terrane spaces in between buildings, meaning there are endless opportunities for unique learning experiences.
- Located in a central area that is beautiful, with a lot of large open spaces and parks.
- Accessible by walking or through cycling tracks.
- Extremely welcoming, friendly, and hands on Educational Leader, and Coordinator.
- Want to see more of the facilities? Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_QMD3uTrT4&feature=youtu.be
Sounds good but perhaps not the right location for you?
- You are a passionate and experienced educator who loves working with children.
- Desirable - ideally have experience facilitating extra-curricular activities for children, such as drama, arts and sports programs.
- You can commit to either 22.5 hours per week or 35 hours per week.
- You are flexible and approachable.
- You are a team player with a positive attitude to help support and uplift the rest of the team.
- Must be able to run and participate in activities in an inclusive program that is tailored to the needs of the children and the community.
- You will value children as independent and capable learners.
- Experience with additional needs and providing inclusive practices desirable.
- Be insightful to the needs of a close school community, and have the ability to implement the specific needs of families.
- You understand the importance of being an integral part of the school and local community, as the school community is intimate.
- A positive role model for children and other staff members.
- Desirable: relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching - Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Possesses current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
Still get in touch with our team firstname.lastname@example.org , we have more opportunities for OSHC Educators in the following areas: Castle Hill; Riverstone; Springwood; and more popping up all over North – West Sydney.
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. COVID-19 Vaccination:
It is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must have the COVID-19 vaccination.
By applying, you understand this requirement and will be vaccinated / can show evidence that you will be fully vaccinated. Want to find out more about these amazing opportunities?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at email@example.com Does this sound like the perfect role for you?
We would love it if you would submit your resume
outlining your experience, and a cover letter
highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position.
When writing your cover letter, don’t forget to personalise it! Think about including:
- A brief professional history of you.
- Your philosophy- or your ‘why’.
- How you meet the position criteria- make sure you include examples from previous roles.
- State which Educator roles you are interested in (22.5 hours per week or 35 hours per week).
Yanu – Goodbye (Darug)
Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC/OOSH and ECE sectors.
- 10% Above Award, $26-$29 ph | Perm Part Time, options 22.5 or 35 hrs pw
- NFP Provider | Two Options | Only Afternoons or work Mornings & Afternoons
- Be an integral part of this brand new service & the starting leadership team