Educator | Out of School Hours Care (OSHC / OOSH) | Kellyville
We have 2 x perm part time Educator positions available at this lovely OSHC service in Kellyville where you will work alongside a supportive community.
Worimi! – Hello (Darug)
This Service is located on the land traditionally belonging to the Darug people. The Darug people were known for their hunter-gatherer lifestyle. Learn more about the Darug people here: https://dharug.dalang.com.au/plugin_wiki/pages_by_tag/17
'Cooee Mittigar' - Come here friend (Darug)
This Service has two opportunities for educators to join their team!
If you love:
- working with children,
- have a passion for bettering their lives,
- and like to have fun while you work,
Then you are in luck!
You will be on the floor facilitating and running a variety of programs that are child-focused, engaging, and educational. Supporting children by engaging in learning through play is the focus of this position.
Being fun-loving, energetic, and innovative is essential in this role, as you will be encouraging children to follow their dreams and pursue their interests.
Working well in a team is also important, as a great team culture is vital at this Service. You will also be part of an organisation that values educator wellbeing and provides opportunities for career growth and progression within the organisation.
‘Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.’ – Mark Twain
About these awesome roles:
About the Service:
- 2 x Educator perm part time positions available (1 x 28 hours per week and 1 x 30 hours per week).
- Above award wages! $26 - $29 per hour + 10% super.
- Broken shifts of before and after school care - when a broken shift is worked, also earn the broken shift allowance of $17.18 each day a morning and afternoon shift is worked.
- Very supportive organisation who prioritises educator wellbeing with access to EAP programs.
- Modern school with own OSHC / OOSH space and a diverse range of shared outdoor spaces.
- Have fun with kids while you work! Engage in play and a wide range of activities.
- Well-loved Service.
- This is a medium sized Service, with around 100 children attending each session.
- Located in a modern and unique school with a supportive school and community.
- Amazing facilities, with multiple own OSHC specific spaces and large shared spaces.
- The Service reflects the school’s vision and values.
- The Service provides a unique range of activities!
- Opportunity for career progression and growth within the organisation.
- Work for an organisation that sees you more than just an employee. You will be part of a team, that work together and support one another, and your wellbeing is prioritised.
- You have a passion for working with children.
- You love to see children grow and develop in their own unique ways and gain joy from supporting this.
- You can think outside the box and come up with creative ideas for activities.
- You are a team player and a friendly and supportive team member.
- You are open minded, confident, and flexible.
- You possess a sound/working understanding of the NQF, NQS, and child protection legislation.
- Desirable: you have experience in OSHC or ECE.
- You are open to ongoing professional development and ongoing quality improvement.
- HLTAID004 / 012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Valid and current paid NSW Working with Children Check.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will help to create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.COVID-19 Vaccination:
It is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021.
By applying, you understand this requirement and will be vaccinated / can show evidence that you will be fully vaccinated by the required date.
Would you like to know more?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators and Coordinators ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at email@example.com Does this role sound like the right fit?
We would love it if you would submit your resume
outlining your experience, and a cover letter
highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position (if appropriate and needed to compliment your resume).
Don't forget to state which position you are interested in (28 or 30 hours, or both).
Remember to have a read over your application or ask our friendly team if you would like any guidance or advice.
We have a blog on Resume tips for OSHC Educators, which you can find here for reference: https://fireflyhr.com.au/resume-tips-for-oshc-educators-2/ Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors.
- 2 x positions (ranging 28 - 30 hrs pw) | Own great space on school grounds
- Supportive NFP & room for growth | Lots of paid professional development
- Above Award Rates, $26 - $29 ph (Approx $42K + Super for Perm Part Time)