Assistant Coordinator | Out of School Hours (OSHC/OOSH) | Kellyville
Worimi! – Hello (Darug)
This Service is located on the land traditionally belonging to the Darug people. The Darug people were known for their hunter-gatherer lifestyle.
Learn more about the Darug people here:
'Cooee Mittigar' - Come here friend (Darug)
We are seeking a passionate and motivated Assistant Coordinator & Educational Leader to implement a quality OSHC program for this newly acquired service.
This is an Assistant Coordinator role where you will also be the Educational Leader for a large service. The Service is looking for an individual who is able to assist the Coordinator, to support and guide the rest of the team, and who can step up to the position of Responsible Person in the Coordinator’s absence.
If you are a positive and creative individual with sound knowledge of MTOP and programming, then this position is for you! You will be a team player and competent leader who will assist the team in creating a safe, inclusive, and caring environment for the children. You will possess strong organisational and communication skills and high emotional intelligence.
- This large service is licenced for 180 children, with approximately 100 attending each afternoon currently.
- With its own dedicated OSHC space located on school grounds, access to the COLA and basketball courts, there is room for growth and development tailored to suit the individuality of the service.
- The school is committed to providing quality education that promotes the uniqueness and achievement of each individual.
“Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together”
- Paul Ryan More about this opportunity:
- Educational Leader responsible for implementing and maintaining OSHC program
- Assistant Coordinator position.
- Permanent full-time, 38 hours per week.
- Broken shifts of before and after school care, have the middle of the days to yourself.
- You will receive the broken shift allowance of $17.18 each day a morning and afternoon shift is worked.
- Approximately 8 hours off the floor each week.
- $32.08 - $33.12 ph Above Award rates (approx $65K + 10% super).
- Time off the floor for programming and planning
- Large service, licenced for 180 – looking at 100 children next year
- Newly acquired service – blank slate with endless opportunities to make it your own!
- Own space on school grounds with use of school COLA, Sports oval and basketball courts.
- Assist the Coordinator with the day-to-day operations of the service.
- Support from Coordinator, Area Manager and Leadership team.
- Opportunity for growth and development and career progression.
- Very supportive Non-for Profit organisation with room for growth, and lots of professional development opportunities.
- PBS4L School - Positive Behaviour Support for Learning. A framework ensuring a consistent school wide positive approach to behaviour management across the school and OSHC service.
- You are organized and possess strong communication skills
- You are able to build and maintain strong relationships with the school and families.
- You understand and value the importance of “life-long learning”.
- You have sound knowledge of the NQF, NQS, QIP, MTOP, National Laws & Regulations.
- You have experience working with planning and implementing an OSHC program.
- You are a positive role model for children and other staff members.
- Desirable Qualifications in childcare or teaching: Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Diploma, or Teaching Qualification. Working towards a qualification may be considered for the right candidate.
- Possesses current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012’- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Possesses current ‘CHCPRT001- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain).
- Recent Criminal History Check (within the last 6 months).
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will help to create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. COVID-19 Vaccination:
It is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021.
By applying, you understand this requirement and will be vaccinated / can show evidence that you will be fully vaccinated by the required date. Would you like to know more?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators and Coordinators ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at email@example.com Does this role sound like the right fit?
We would love it if you would submit your resume
outlining your experience, and a cover letter
highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position.
When writing your cover letter, don’t forget to personalise it! Think about including:
- A brief professional history of you.
- Your philosophy- or your ‘why’.
- How you meet the position criteria- make sure you include examples from previous roles.
Remember to have a read over your application to check your grammar and spelling, and if it looks appealing.
Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors.
- 38 hrs pw | Perm Full Time | Great opportunity to build your career in OSHC.
- Above Award, $32 - $33 ph (approx $65K + Super) + allowances on top of this.
- Non-for Profit service | Own multiple dedicated spaces on school grounds.