Cert III Educator | Exceeding Traditional Preschool | Blacktown
This is a fantastic chance for a enthusiastic Certificate III Educator at any level of their career to join this NFP Early Childhood Education service. The service is open during the school terms and closed during school holidays. Perfect for someone who is trying to strike a work-life balance.
Cooee Mittigar ~ Come here friend (Darug)
The traditional land of the Darug Aboriginal people stretches roughly from the coast, north to Wisemans Ferry, west into the Blue Mountains to Hartley, south along both sides of the Nepean River to Appin, and then east approximately along the Georges River to Botany Bay.
This broad and beautiful region, which includes the Cumberland Plain where Blacktown is located, has been home to the Darug for thousands of years. Historical accounts and oral stories passed down by the Darug elders, speak of the Blacktown and Eastern Creek areas as being continuously occupied by Darug people.
(Information sourced from Blacktown City Council)
This is an excellent opportunity to begin in January 2022 in a service that believes children are the finest theory builders and problem solvers, and that they learn best by making sense of their world through play, connections, and experiences.
Come and be a part of a team who are highly experienced, professional, and dedicated team of educators already in place who strive to exceed expectations with documentation and provision of learning opportunities that enhance every child’s wellbeing, learning and development.
Work at a service that believe in making a ‘community that fosters imagination and innovation’. About the role:
- Permanent Part time position.
- Working Wednesday to Friday, 3 days, part time of 24 hours per week, 8am-4pm.
- Looking for a January 2022 start date.
- Offers great work life, study balance.
- Licensed for 40 children.
- Preschool, caters to 3-5 years.
- Beautiful space for learning experiences, operates during school term only.
- Award rate of pay, $21.30-$22.73 ph (paid all year – during school holidays etc) approx $27K - $29K + super.
- Service recently went through A&R (July 2021) and received Exceeding in six out of seven quality areas.
- Service utilize Xplor for CCMS & documentation.
- Opportunities for growth at the service and responsibility for learning areas of interest within the team.
- Professional development encouraged with onsite training, access to ECA learning subscription with access to webinars on demand and so much more.
- NFP employer is dedicated to supporting staff and provide a EAP program as well as other wellbeing initiatives.
- NFP offers additional in-service professional development with the requests of the Educators in mind of what they are wanting to extend their knowledge on.
- Someone that has a natural affinity for children and a genuine desire to nurture their development.
- A Certificate III or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification.
- An understanding of the EYLF: Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia.
- Have values that align with respect, encouragement, and care.
- Someone with empathy and patience.
- Good communication skills.
- Work with an experienced Director, Educational Leader and ECT.
- Working with children check.
- Police Check
- CHCPRT001 Identify and Respond to children and young people at risk – Accredited child protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training). Often in your qualification.
- HLTAID012 / 004 (superseded) Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training). Often in your qualification.
It is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021.
By applying, you understand this requirement and will be vaccinated / can show evidence that you will be fully vaccinated by the required date. Child Safety:
Looking for an individual that will agree to adhere and promote The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will be a part of a culture that adopts strategies and takes action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Please read the above carefully as we have hand crafted each advertisement to suit each individual service and their differing community needs.
We believe as potential candidates, you deserve as much transparency as possible. We glean as much information on a position that we can so you can make informed decisions on your next career move. Want to find out more?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators and Directors ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at email@example.com Does this sound like your dream role?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for the Certificate III Educator position.
When applying, don’t forget to have a think of what information you are including – background, your why (philosophy), how you meet the criteria, and most importantly – don’t forget to double check your application for not only spelling but readability. How does it look? Is it appealing? Does it stand out?
Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors.
Yanu ~ Goodbye (Darug)
- Exceeding NFP traditional preschool catering to 3-5 year olds in a great setting
- PPT role working Wednesday -Friday (8am - 4pm), 24 hours per week.
- Very well supported role with ongoing professional development & networking.