Worimi! – Hello (Darug)
This service is located on the traditional land of the Darug Aboriginal people. The Darug people have a deep connection & belonging to the land. The Darug connections to Country are tangible and intangible, including sacred trees and burials, and social practices and customs. Aboriginal history is all around us and is crucial to the culture and history of Australia. We encourage all Educators to spend time reflecting and empowering themselves with knowledge around the Indigenous culture of where they live and work. Click here to learn more about the Darug people: https://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/About-Council/Our-city/Blacktown-Memories/Our-history-and-heritage/Aboriginal-heritage/Aboriginal-Connections
‘Work to become, not to acquire.’ – Elbert Hubbard
This is your chance to be part of a great non-for-profit organisation who value educator wellbeing! We are looking for two passionate, energetic, and enthusiastic educators to join a much-loved medium sized OSHC / OOSH Service. There are two options for these roles, with one seeing you working 35 hours per week (mornings and afternoons), and one for 20 hours per week (afternoons only). Please make sure to specify the number of hours you would like to work in your application.
The essentials for these roles include a passion for working with children, the ability to work well in a team, and a positive attitude. If you can support and uplift the team at this Service, and take initiative regarding tasks and facilitating activities, then this role is for you! This team is a young and enthusiastic group of five knowledgeable and experienced professionals, who are looking for an educator who has previously been a responsible person or is willing to work towards this.
If you have experience in working with children with high additional needs, or are willing to learn how to do this, then we urge you to apply. Reliability and consistency are also key skills to have in this role. Having previous OSHC / OOSH experience is desired, along with high emotional intelligence. If you meet these criteria and would love to work for an organisation that is supportive and cares about educator wellbeing, then we would love for you to apply! More about these amazing opportunities:
- 2 x Educator positions.
- 1 x afternoons only (20 hours per week), 1 x mornings and afternoons (35 hours per week).
- Broken shifts.
- Shared OSHC / OOSH space on school grounds with separate office space and library.
- Range of outdoor spaces for use in the school, including a large oval.
- Very supportive team and Area Managers.
- $26 - $29 per hour + 10% super
- Be on the floor engaging with the children each day.
More about this great Service:
- This Service is rated Meeting the NQS and is due for A&R in the next few years.
- Medium sized Service. Around 30 children in the mornings and 65 children in the afternoons.
- Shared OSHC / OOSH indoor and outdoor spaces.
- The Service and the school principal and teachers have a great relationship and work together to ensure the children can enjoy a safe and fun environment.
- The Service and the school have a collaborative approach.
- Great team dynamic. The team is a group of 5 professionals who are looking for passionate educators with experience in the sector.
- Some children attending with high additional needs.
- Supportive Area Managers, Service team, and organisation.
- Enjoy being with children each day and participating in activities and furthering children’s development and growth!
Let’s get to know more about you:
- Experience in the OSHC / OOSH industry is desirable.
- You will be able to work with children with additional needs or be willing to learn how to work with these children.
- You will be able to take initiative.
- You have experience being the responsible person (RP) of a Service or are willing to work towards being the responsible person.
- You will be a great communicator and be able to work well within a team.
- Be able to be on the floor with the children each day, engaging in planned and spontaneous play activities.
- You are willing to build your skills and knowledge through the organisation and are willing to study or currently have qualifications in OSHC / OOSH.
- You can uplift the current team and support them.
- You will be insightful to the needs of the school community.
- You possess sound knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards, and My Time Our Place.
- You possess high emotional intelligence and communication skills that allow you to communicate with different stakeholders, parents, children, the school, and community members.
- A positive role model for children and other staff members.
- Possesses current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Recent Criminal History Check (within the last 6 months).
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
It is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021.
By applying, you understand this requirement and will be vaccinated / can show evidence that you will be fully vaccinated by the required date.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Do you want to learn more?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators and Coordinators ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do these opportunities sound like your perfect role?
We would love it if you would submit your resume outlining your experience, and a cover letter highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position.
When writing your cover letter, don’t forget to personalise it! Think about including:
- A brief professional history of you.
- Your philosophy- or your ‘why’.
- How you meet the position criteria- make sure you include examples from previous roles.
Please make sure to specify which role you are applying for in your application: 20 hours per week (afternoons only), or 35 hours per week (mornings and afternoons).
Remember to have a read over your application to check your grammar and spelling, and if it looks appealing. Yanu! – Goodbye (Darug)
Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors.
- Work for a supportive organisation in a fun environment
- Permanent part-time, 35 hours per week, or 20 hours per week | $26 - $29 per hou
- 2 positions available