Job Advert: Cert III Educators for an Extended Hours Pre-school (3-5yrs) - Box Hill (Syd) Warami ~ Hello (Darug) This service is located on land that is part of the Country of the inland Darug people, whose territory extended from the Blue Mountains to the coast. The word Darug comes from the Aboriginal word for yam.
An amazing opportunity for Certificate III
at all stages of their professional journey to join this Not for Profit Early Childhood Education service located in the Box Hill area in Sydney’s Hill District, which is opening in 2022.
It is a great opportunity to start in a new service, working alongside other dedicated Early Childhood Education professionals in an organisation that truly puts the children first – the quality of care is at the forefront of all that they do. 'It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.’
— Unknown About the Positions available:
- Cert III- 5% Above Award, $24.85 - $26.52 ph.
- Looking for a January 2022 start date for the service to open at the end of January. This will give the Cert III Educators time to navigate and learn the ins and outs of the new service before it officially opens later in the month.
- Ideally full time, 8.5 hours per day working Monday to Friday (accumulate 12 RDO’s per year - one per month). Flexibility with hours for the right candidates / that suits the service needs.
- Work with children in their formative years, introduce them to the school environment and help them to develop key skills that provide the basis for future learning.
- Shifts to range between the extended hours of operation of 6:30am – 6pm (please state if you have a preference of early, late, anything else, etc).
- Up to 1 hour per week off the floor.
- Opportunities for growth at the service and responsibility for learning areas of interest within the team.
About the Education Service:
About the Approved Provider:
- Service operates above ratio.
- This service is already connected to the community and has links to a school, with great partnership plans in place (transition to school programs, familiarity with the surroundings, and so much more). The school framework happens to be enquiry based learning, which aligns well with the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) to help contribute to a community of learners.
- Long Day Care (LDC) set up with hours, however only caters to 3-5 years (extended hours Preschool) and is open for 49 weeks of the year.
- Licenced for under 60 children.
- Service will operate extended hours, from 6:30am to 6pm.
- Although not open, the service already has an excellent reputation with a large waitlist (contests to the quality known in the community about this service).
- Service Director is already in place to ensure the set up of the service is well established before the official opening in 2022. The service Director is Bachelor qualified (ECT) and experienced.
- Service utilises Xplor for CCMS & documentation.
- Well resourced service that is purpose built with great indoor and outdoor flow. The resourcing of the service will continue long after opening, with Educators always having access to items as they need.
- There are 3 spaces within the service that makes for easy grouping as needed.
- Can provide photos to those that are interested to see more of the learning environment.
- The service, although new, will be starting with a Reggio inspired play based / enquiry-based approach. As a progressive organisation/service, this approach is always being looked at to what suits the children and Educators.
Who are we looking for?
- Non-for Profit Approved Provider with 6 total Early Childhood Education (ECE) services – this will be the 6th to operate. All ECE services have a low staff turnover.
- RDO’s available.
- Access to Employee Assistant Program (EAP) through the organisation.
- Opportunity to Salary Package / Sacrifice (conditions apply).
- Dedicated Approved Provider with quality of care to children guiding and leading their practice.
- Offers additional in-service professional development with the requests of the Educators in mind of what they are wanting to extend their knowledge on.
- Has an Early Childhood Australia (ECA) learning subscription for each Educator which gives everyone access to webinars, on demand training, and so much more.
- Connect with the other ECE services in the organisation via network meetings, passion area meetings, and more
- Certificate III positions: A Certificate III or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification.
- Awareness of the National Quality Framework.
- An understanding of the EYLF: Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia.
- Have values that align with respect, encouragement and care.
- Someone with empathy and patience.
- Good communication skills.
- Working with children check.
- CHCPRT001Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training). Often in your qualification.
- HLTAID012 / 004 (superseded) Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training). Often in your qualification.
Looking for an individual that will agree to adhere and promote The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will be a part of a culture that adopts strategies and takes action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Please read the above carefully as we have hand crafted each advertisement to suit each individual service and their differing community needs.
We believe as potential candidates, you deserve as much transparency as possible. We glean as much information on a position as we can so you can make informed decisions on your next career move. COVID-19 Vaccination:
It is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021.
By applying, you understand this requirement and will be vaccinated / can show evidence that you will be fully vaccinated by the required date. Would you like to know more?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators and professionals ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at email@example.com Does this role sound like the right fit?
We would love it if you would submit your resume outlining your experience, and a cover letter highlighting how you would be the perfect fit for this position. Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instill positive change in the OSHC and ECE professions.
- 5% Above Award | $24.85 - $26.52 ph | Service operates above ratio
- 1 RDO each month | 6 ECE services, 5 well established
- Pursue your passion with a Supportive Team