Assistant Coordinator & Educational Leader | OSHC / OOSH | St Ives Area
- FT or PT | Block Shifts or Split Shifts – Your Choice!
- Small Exceeding Service with Supportive Team!
- Amazing opportunity for an Experienced Educational Leader!
Small Privately Owned OSHC is seeking a Passionate Educational Leader to become part of their OSHC Family. The Firefly HR Mission:
To promote the Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) industry and encourage quality educators to the profession. To connect educators and centres with ease, through permanent or temporary recruitment. To provide guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
We Acknowledge the Darramuragal or Darug people as the traditional peoples of the land this service resides on.
For more information visit https://www.krg.nsw.gov.au/Council/History/Aboriginal-heritage.
We are Recruiting for a Privately-Owned Family-Run Company who is seeking a dedicated and passionate Assistant Coordinator/ Educational Leader to join their small OSHC Service in the St Ives area in Sydney's North. The Provider has been in operation for over 18 years and runs other near-by OSHC Services. A range of hours and flexible working arrangements can be offered for the right candidate.
A service that believes in and values: Community
Safety & Wellbeing
Sustainability (Taken from the Service Philosophy) The Role:
- Assistant Coordinator role | 2nd in Charge | Responsible Person.
- Educational Leader | Design, Implement and Manage OSHC Program.
- Permanent PT minimum 25 Hours up to FT 38 Hours – Your Choice!
- Block Shifts | Split Shifts | Mixture of Both! Flexible for the Right Candidate.
- Support the Coordinator in the Day-to-Day management of the service.
- Assist in planning Vacation Care Program.
- Non-contact admin time for planning and programming.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development (Paid Courses & Time attending).
- $45K-$67K + Super + Allowances – Dependent on Hours, Qualifications & Experience.
The Right Candidate:
- Licenced for 50 Children | BSC: 10-15 | ASC: 30-50 Children Attending Daily/
- Exceeding Service Located on the School Grounds.
- Supportive and Encouraging Coordinator and Employer.
- Long-Standing Management Team & Consistent Staffing Arrangements.
- Vacation Care at near-by Sister Site.
- Shared Space adjoining School Hall.
- Excellent Relationship with the School Community.
- Monthly Team Rewards.
- Previous Experience in OSHC (preferably as Educational Leader) is highly desired, however experience in ECE will also be considered.
- Thorough understanding of the NQF, NQS, and child protection legislation.
- Open to ongoing professional development and ongoing quality improvement.
- You are flexible and open minded.
- Highly Desirable: Hold a Relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching: Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Diploma, or Teaching Qualification.
- You love to see children grow and develop in their own unique ways and gain joy from supporting this.
- You can think outside the box and come up with creative ideas for activities.
- You can shape the environment to allow the children to explore their interests and curiosity.
- You believe that every child has a right to be included in the OSHC environment.
- You can support each child’s individual needs.
- You will value children as independent and capable learners.
- You are a positive role model for children.
- Current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012’- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Current ‘CHCPRT001’- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain).
- Child Safety – We are looking for someone who understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check
- COVID-19 Vaccination: it is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021
“You cannot make people learn. You can only provide the right conditions for learning to happen.” - Vince Gowmon What Now?
with your resume outlining your experience and a cover letter stating which service you are interested in.
For more information find us on: Facebook
firstname.lastname@example.org Here are some Helpful Resources for you!
- Small Exceeding service with a supportive team already in place.
- Part or Full Time available of split or block shifts - it is your choice.
- Flexible employer that is experienced & understands OSHC well.