Grab that sea change you have been contemplating at this service in Skennar’s Head, just north of Ballina and South of Lennox Head – beautiful spot.
This service is located on the Ballina Coast. The Ballina Coast and Hinterland is the traditional Nyangbul Country of the Bundjalung nation.
Nyangbul custodianship of the Ballina Shire area dates back many thousands of generations. Together with all Australia Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, the Nyangbul people are part of the oldest and continuing culture in the world.
This well supported service is looking for a variety of educators to join their already established and qualified team due to growth and demand. They are looking for:
- Early Childhood Educator (ECT)
- Diploma Educator (or Cert III working towards Diploma)
- Certificate III Educator
Each position is flexible for the right candidate and can work part or full time, pending your own unique needs. About the roles:
About the service:
- All positions are flexible, whether you want to work 3 or 5 days a week – the choice is yours. The service understands the need for a work life balance and (as much as possible) will work with Educators to achieve this for all.
- Rotating roster of early, late, few staggered middle shifts, etc.
- Ideally 8 hours per day.
- Early Childhood Teacher rates – $55K - $80K approx (pending part or full time).
- Diploma rates – $26.66 approx
- Certificate III rates – $23.31 - $25.26 approx.
- Rostered Days Off (RDO’s) on offer for full time Educators if desired.
- Professional development highly encouraged and supported. Service has membership with ECA (learning hub access), Gowrie (incredible resources) and CELA.
Who are we looking for?
- This is a service that has a culture where people are professional, respectful and responsive of each other. This is evident in the low turnover within the team, with many being at the service 5-10 years already (only been open for 11).
- Service is licenced for under 80 children. Due to it’s positive reputation, there is a waitlist at the service for all days.
- Well supported with 4 ECT’s already at the service.
- One ECT at the service is going for their HALT accreditation (Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher) – this is an amazing achievement and someone to learn and work with (HALT accreditation recognises highly effective, innovative and exemplary teaching practice).
- An experienced leadership team in place with the Director, Assistant Director and Educational Leader all being ECT’s as well themselves.
- Although there is a leadership team, it is not relevant in practice with everyone being equal in the service. Opportunity to learn and grow from positive individuals dedicated to supporting children’s learning and development.
- Quality is very important to the service, with providing education and care, and the children are always at the forefront of their decision making processes.
- Service operates from 7:30am – 6pm.
- Services utilised HubHello for CCMS.
- Lovely service with great connections to the community (such as connecting with aged care facilities) and many more projects and links.
- Service utilises a play-based approach, influenced by a number of approaches.
- Documentation is reflected upon as a team and what is working for them and the families and changes as needed. Currently documentation is more paper based, to suit this, and is a emailed daily information. This is always critically reflected upon on what works best for all and is meaningful.
- The service has 5 playrooms designed to support play-based learning with vibrant and flexible spaces for children from babies to toddlers, through to preschoolers.
- The environment not only supports the children’s learning program but also includes facilities that support the educator’s to approach their work competently and professionally.
- Each room has access to the outdoor environment.
- NFP service.
- Service has a EAP program.
- Someone that has a natural affinity for children and a genuine desire to nurture their development.
- (Pending role) a Certificate III, Diploma or ECT qualification - or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification.
- An understanding of the EYLF: Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia.
- Someone with empathy and patience.
- Good communication skills.
- Work with an experienced Director, Educational Leader and Assistant Director.
- Working with children check.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and Respond to children and young people at risk – Accredited child protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training). Often in your qualification.
- HLTAID012 / 004 (superseded) Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training). Often in your qualification.
It is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021.
By applying, you understand this requirement and will be vaccinated / can show evidence that you will be fully vaccinated by the required date. Child Safety:
Looking for an individual that will agree to adhere and promote The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will be a part of a culture that adopts strategies and takes action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Please read the above carefully as we have hand crafted each advertisement to suit each individual service and their differing community needs.
We believe as potential candidates, you deserve as much transparency as possible. We glean as much information on a position that we can so you can make informed decisions on your next career move. Want to find out more?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators and Directors ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at email@example.com
Does this sound like your dream role?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for the Certificate III Educator position.
When applying, don’t forget to have a think of what information you are including – background, your why (philosophy), how you meet the criteria, and most importantly – don’t forget to double check your application for not only spelling but readability. How does it look? Is it appealing? Does it stand out?
We are here for any support throughout the process - please don't hesitate to ask.
Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors.
- Flexible roles working part or full time - it is up to you | Low Staff turnover.
- A great service to achieve that work / life balance (plus beautiful location).
- Service invests in professional development | Excellent Facilities & Reputation.