Worimi! – Hello (Darug) The Aboriginal people of the Western Cumberland Plain referred to themselves as the Darug (also spelt as Dharug, Daruk, Dharuk and Dharruk). The three Clans of the Blacktown area included: Gomerigal - South Creek; Wawarawarry - Eastern Creek; and Warmuli - Prospect.
'Cooee Mittigar' - Come here friend (Darug)
We are seeking a passionate and motivated Educational Leader to implement a quality OSHC program for this small service in Blacktown. The service has a great relationship with the school and a tight-knit OSHC team. Located in the heart of Blacktown, within a multi-purpose hall and use of their own office space and kitchen.
“No significant learning occurs without a significant relationship.” - James Comer
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Coordinator who understands the operations of an OSHC / OOSH Service. It is important for you to be able to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders and work closely with the Program Leader, school principal, and teachers to ensure the program is underpinned by the community’s vision and mission. Additionally, you will need to be flexible and able to think outside the box, whilst being professional. More about this opportunity:
- Full Time: 38 Hours per week.
- Small service: only licenced for 59
- Own Office Space & Own Kitchen
- Shared Multi-purpose Hall
- On the Floor & Plenty of Admin Time
- Not-for-profit provider with Supportive Area manager and leadership team
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the service
- Educational Leader Position
- Vacation care at the service
- Recently Refurbished & Renovated School
- Exceeding Service |Assessment and Rating in 2020
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Split shifts to ensure the opportunity to build strong relationships with the school and community is there.
- You are a passionate and motivated Coordinator with experience
- You are organized and possess strong communication skills
- You are able to build and maintain strong relationships with the school, families & community.
- You understand and value the importance of “life-long learning”.
- You have sound knowledge of the NQF, NQS, QIP, MTOP, National Laws & Regulations.
- You have experience working with children with additional needs and developing a SIP.
- You are a positive role model for children and other staff members.
- Relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching: Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Diploma, or Teaching Qualification. Working towards a qualification may be considered for the right candidate.
- Possesses current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012’- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Possesses current ‘CHCPRT001- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain).
- Recent Criminal History Check (within the last 6 months).
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will help to create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
https://www.ocg.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/training-and-resources/child-safe-standards COVID-19 Vaccination:
It is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021.
By applying, you understand this requirement and will be vaccinated / can show evidence that you will be fully vaccinated by the required date. Would you like to know more?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators and Coordinators ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at email@example.com Does this role sound like the right fit?
We would love it if you would submit your resume
outlining your experience, and a cover letter
highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position.
When writing your cover letter, don’t forget to personalise it! Think about including:
- A brief professional history of you.
- Your philosophy- or your ‘why’.
- How you meet the position criteria- make sure you include examples from previous roles.
Remember to have a read over your application to check your grammar and spelling, and if it looks appealing. Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors. Find out about more roles on our website: https://fireflyhr.com.au/job-board/
- Permanent Full Time, 38 hour pw | Block shifts & Split shifts
- Above Award $38 - $42 an hour (minimum $75k + Super)
- Exceeding Service