Coordinator | Outside School Hours Care (OSHC / OOSH) | Penrith Area
Worimi! – Hello (Darug)
This Service is located on the traditional land of the Darug people. The Darug people comprised of around fifteen different clans who were known for their strong kinship ties and hunting skills. The Darug people were also known as the “tomahawk people” and hunted kangaroos, emus, and land animals. The Darug language is one of the two Indigenous dialects spoken, with the other language being spoken by the Eroa people. Click here to learn more about the Darug people: https://www.murumittigar.com.au/
Are you an experienced Coordinator that is looking to lead a strong team of passionate educators in an exceeding Service? Then, this is the opportunity for you!
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."
We are looking for an experienced Coordinator to manage and lead a team of OSHC educators to provide a quality program for this small, exceeding Service (licensed for under 60 children) in the Penrith area. The school has a “warm and welcoming community… intent on caring for those most in need.”
The school also commits to having a holistic approach to its programs, offering a range of experiences to engage each unique child.
You will be able to work closely with and support the development of the team that has been together for over one year. The team have built strong relationships with each other and have a deep connection to their school community. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the service, including ensuring compliance, providing a quality care environment, maintaining policies and procedures and the implementation of a child-focused program.
You will be supported by an amazing Area Coordinator and will have many professional development opportunities, such as Service Coordinator cluster meetings every fortnight and much more. These meetings allow you to network and connect with other Coordinators across the organisation and discuss topics for professional development. More about this opportunity:
More about this amazing Service:
- Full Time, 38 hours per week.
- Small Service (licensed for under 60 children).
- Finish at 5:30pm approx, no need to work to close (please note may be required from time to time pending staffing arrangements).
- $38.66 - $42 per hour + super, approx. $76K - $83K per annum + 10% super. Wage is based on qualifications and experience.
- Option to Salary Sacrifice if desired.
- As the Coordinator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day organisation, management and leadership of this OSHC service.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Head office to organise policies and other items, giving you more time to focus on the centre, QIP, children, your team, and the community.
- Leadership position as Nominated Supervisor and Educational Leader. If the centre grows.
- You are not included in ratio during before school care. Be visible but have time to interact with families & children & for admin tasks.
- Fortnightly Coordinator meetings are held for you to network, share ideas and partake in professional development with other Coordinators across the organisation.
A little more about you!
- Exceeding Service that recently underwent A&R.
- Shared space on school grounds, however run from excellent facilities.
- Outdoor spaces are vast and consist of grassed area, small COLA, and basketball court.
- This service cares for children who have additional needs. You must be able to lead the educators in developing their skills to support these children.
- There is no Vacation Care held onsite for this service. You will be able to work with a partner service 10 minutes away during school holidays. A great time to collaborate, network and see how another service operates.
- Centre utilises Xplor for CCMS.
- Positive culture within the team, with educators having strong bonds with each other and their community.
- Work for an organisation that sees you more than an employee. You will be a part of a team, that work together and support one another.
- Work somewhere where you are valued with training and connections to other services.
- Work for a non-for-profit organisation that values are respect, encouragement and care.
- You have experience working in a leadership position within the Education & Care sector (preferably as a Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, Director).
- Ability to build strong partnerships with the school community and school executive team.
- Ability to work closely with and support children with additional needs.
- You can mentor and support educators to build and develop their professional practice and standards.
- You possess thorough knowledge and understanding of the NQF - NQS, Framework, and Regulations.
- You possess experience dealing with stakeholders, building relationships & ensuring positive interactions all involved.
- You are looking for a change of organisation, you want to step up and make a positive difference and you can take charge and have ownership of the Service.
- Relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching: Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Diploma, or Teaching Qualification. Working towards a qualification may be considered for the right candidate.
- Possesses current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Possesses current ‘CHCPRT001- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain).
- Recent Criminal History Check (within the last 6 months).
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. COVID-19 Vaccination:
It is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must have the COVID-19 vaccination.
By applying, you understand this requirement and will be vaccinated / can show evidence that you will be fully vaccinated. Want to find out more about this amazing opportunity?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at firstname.lastname@example.org Does this sound like the perfect role for you?
We would love it if you would submit your resume outlining your experience, and a cover letter highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position.
When writing your cover letter, don’t forget to personalise it! Think about including:
A brief professional history of you.
- Your philosophy- or your ‘why’.
- How you meet the position criteria- make sure you include examples from previous roles.
Yanu – Goodbye (Darug)
Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC/OOSH and ECE sectors.
- Exceeding service | Located on school grounds with great facilities.
- Above Award, $38 - $42 ph, approx $76K - $83K + 10% Super | NFP Provider.
- Perm full time, 38 hrs pw | Mix of split & blocks considered down the track.