The Firefly HR Mission:
To promote the Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) industry and encourage quality educators to the profession.
To connect educators and centres with ease, through permanent or temporary recruitment.
To provide guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
The Burramattagal clan of the Darug people were the original inhabitants of this land. Burramattagal is believed to come from the Aboriginal word for ‘place where the eels lie down’, referring to the Parramatta River. For more information, visit: https://historyandheritage.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/blog/2019/12/09/rydalmere-a-brief-history About this Role:
20 Hours After School Care Only
10% above award + Super + Allowances
Broken shifts for that Work/Life balance!
Medium-Large Service – 90-105 children per afternoon
Vacation Care at the service
Supported by Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator
Very supportive organisation who prioritises educator wellbeing
Supportive organisation with opportunities for professional development
Opportunities for career progression and growth within the organisation
Have fun with kids while you work! Engage in play and a wide range of activities Does This Sound Like You?
What is Needed? - Desirable:
- You are a passionate educator who has experience in the industry.
- You are flexible and open minded.
- You are willing to support children with additional needs.
- You love to see children grow and develop in their own unique ways and gain joy from supporting this.
- You can think outside the box and come up with creative ideas for activities.
- You can shape the environment to allow the children to explore their interests and curiosity.
- You believe that every child has a right to be included in the OSHC environment.
- You can support each child’s individual needs.
- You will value children as independent and capable learners.
- You are a positive role model for children.
relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching - Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care. - Desirable:
Possesses current ‘CHCPRT001-
Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain-
1 day training). - Current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain- 1 day training). - Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check. - Child Safety –
We are looking for someone who understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. - COVID-19 Vaccination:
it is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021 What Now?
with your resume outlining your experience and a cover letter stating which service you are interested in. For more information find us on: Facebook
@fireflyhr www.fireflyhr.com.au Here are some Helpful Resources for you!
- 20 Hours per week - After School Care Only.
- Above award $25 - $29 per hour + Allowances & Super