This Service is located on the land traditionally belonging to the Darug people. The Darug people were known for their hunter-gatherer lifestyle. Learn more about the Darug people here: https://dharug.dalang.com.au/plugin_wiki/pages_by_tag/17 'Cooee Mittigar' - Come here friend (Darug)
We are seeking a passionate and experienced OSHC Coordinator to join this wonderful service in Schofields as their Coordinator (Nominated Supervisor).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a boutique approved provider that prioritises its staff wellbeing and children’s programs. You will be supported by an Area Manager and head office in your role, as well as a 2IC & Educational Leader.
A strong focus of this Approved Provider is partnerships. You will work with the approved provider to ensure strong relationships are made with the school executives, school community, families, & of course children. The split shift structure will allow you to have a strong presence at the service and on the floor, allowing you to develop your teams professional practice and ensure you are meeting the needs of the community.
- Why this role?
- Gain valuable experience in a Service Coordinator position.
- Nominated Supervisor position.
- Split shift position (work/life balance).
- The split shift structure will allow you to have a strong presence at the service and on the floor, allowing you to develop your teams professional practice and ensure you are meeting the needs of the community.
- Licensed for 149.
- Not current rated (provision due to being a new service).
- Full time position.
- Day-to-day management of the service where you are responsible for rostering, mentoring & supporting the team, quality & compliance, QIP, liaising with families & ensuring adherence to service budget.
- Non-contact time mixed with time on the floor with the children & educators.
- Above award wages (Level 61.-Level 6.9) Approx. $33-$38 per hour | dependent on qualifications & experience.
- 10% Superannuation + broke shift allowance.
- Start date: ASAP
- Why this Approved Provider?
- Wonderful OSHC community built on respectful relationships between educators & children.
- Lots of professional development opportunities.
- Area Manager visits one a month (at minimum) to offer support & guidance.
- Within the service you will be supported by an experienced Educational Leader & 2IC.
- Small, boutique Approved Provider offering ongoing to support to its services & educators.
- Positive work environments where your wellbeing will be prioritised.
- Career progression opportunities.
- What are we looking for?
- Someone with strong leadership skills & the ability to mentor a team of educators.
- Someone who is community-focused and will ensure positive relationships and interactions with the school is maintained.
- Someone with experience communicating with stakeholders including families, school communities, school executives, management team etc.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the NQF - NQS, Framework, Regulations.
- A strong knowledge of school aged children’s development and needs.
- Someone who has strong communication skills.
- Someone with experience working in the Outside School Hours Care sector in a leadership position.
- Someone dedicated to developing a harmonious team environment, incorporating leadership based on respect, understanding and effective communication.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Minimum of Diploma in Children’s Services (Out-of-Hours-Care), or equivalent
- Valid Working with Children Check
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent hard to children and young people. A Working with Children Check applies to this position. Have any questions?
Don’t hesitate to reach out to the Firefly HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer any questions about this position. Want to apply?
Great! Please apply through to link and include your resume, along with a cover letter outlining why you would make a great fit for this position. We encourage you to include a personal philosophy or mission statement in your resume to showcase your passions and professional achievements. Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors.
- Full time position | split shifts for a work/life balance
- Above award wages | $33-$38 per hour (dependent on experience & qualifications}
- Professional development opportunities