Warami ~ Hello (Darug)
The service is in the Northern beaches area formally known as Guringai Country, the land of the Garigal people. It is thought that the area near Narrabeen Lagoon was the last community Aboriginal town camp to survive in the Northern Suburbs of Sydney.
“Play is the work of childhood” Jean Piaget
For someone who loves to cook nutritious meals and snacks for children, this is an excellent opportunity. A role that combines cooking, planning, organisation, and teamwork could be just what you have been looking for.
Children are having fun exploring their imagination through play based learning at this beautiful service in Balgowlah Heights. As part of our team of professionals, you will be supporting primary school aged children with their developmental needs. About the role:
About the service
- Monday to Friday, 2 – 4 hours per day.
- 15 – 20 hours per week perm part time.
- Above Award $30- $35 ph pending qualifications and experience.
- Preparation of food for the children for After School Care and Vacation Care afternoon tea.
- Ordering & purchasing supplies in consultation with the Director & programming team.
- Support the health & wellbeing of the children through planning & preparing nutritious meals and snacks.
- Consult with families and guardians regarding their children’s dietary requirements and allergies.
- Work in collaboration with all team members and stakeholders.
- Engage in self-reflection practices to guide professional and personal development.
- Service Structure | Director | Co Director | Assistant Director| Team Leaders.
- Before School Care 7:15 am – 9:05 am| After School Care 3 pm – 6:30 pm| Vac Care 7:30 am – 6 pm.
- After School Care average attendance is 125 children per day.
- The menu includes Breakfast and Afternoon Tea.
- Great Kitchen facilities | own space.
- Located within school grounds.
- Meeting NQS.
- Not For Profit service run by a director and parent management committee.
- Must be available Monday to Friday.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Experience in shopping online & stock management.
- Ensuring safe practices for handling, preparing, and storing foods.
- Understanding and ability to accommodate both cultural and medical dietary requirements.
- Actively support the organisation’s philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Current Working Rights.
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
COVID-19 Vaccination status
- Experience in providing allergy safe food.
- Previous experience in nutrition and dietary requirements of children.
- Previous experience working within an Early Childhood or Outside School Hours Care setting.
- Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent with a unit of completion in Menu Planning.
- Safety in Food Handling Certification.
- Food and Menu Planning Certification.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain.
- HLTAID004/12 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
By applying, you understand this requirement and have the required document. Child Safety:
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Does this sound like the role for you? Hit “Apply”
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Educational Leader.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at email@example.com
For more information find us on:
Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
Yanu – Goodbye (Darug)
Firefly HR: Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
- Cook for Outside School Hours Care | Great Kitchen Facility.
- Above Award | $30 -$35 pending qualification & experience.
- Part Time | 15 - 20 hours per week | Monday - Friday.