Warami – Hello (Darug)
Are you looking for a leadership role that combines creativity, developing community partnerships, and liaising with external booking agencies. Then this role could be for you.
The vacation care coordinator will be working alongside our team, families, and children to create an exciting vacation care program. This role is perfect for someone who is keen to pursue a career in education and care. You will be furthering your knowledge in planning and programming, and people management and gaining exposure to budgeting expectations.
We aim to provide a homely and welcoming environment for children to develop life skills, build resilience, respect one another, and embrace diversity. If you share our vision, then we would love to connect with you.
What will set you’re apart
About the role
- You have experience as a Responsible Person.
- Possess experience in planning vacation care programs.
- You have experience working in Outside School Hours Care.
- Ability to liaise with key stakeholders.
- Efficient in time management and completing administrative tasks.
- Experience in leading vacation care programs.
- You have good written and interpersonal skills.
- Someone who understands the developmental needs of school aged children.
Why work with us
- Collaborate with the team, families, and children to implement and reflect a quality vacation care program that is consistent with National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards, and Regulations.
- Ensuring vacation care bookings are aligned with the service budget.
- Allocated Administrative time to ensure focus on the children, staff, and families during operating hours.
- The vacation care programs consist of incursions and excursions.
- Split shift perfect for Study | Work Life Balance.
- Permanent Part Time | 25 – 37 hours per week.
- Risk assessment to assess the risks and how to manage them.
- Assisting with the day to day running of the service.
More about the service
- Inspiring team with high staff retention.
- Supportive leadership structure consisting of Director - Full time (off the floor) | Assistant Director/ Ed Leader | 2 Responsible Person | WHS representative and a team of casual and part-time Educators.
- Social opportunities for team building.
- Termly team appreciation brunch.
- Employee recognition Christmas Party
- Dinner is provided at team meetings.
- Encourage and pay for professional development.
- Team approach in delivering quality outcomes for children.
- A supportive employer that recognises the vital contribution educators makes to play based learning.
- Before, After, and Vacation Care, located in Lindfield East.
- BSC 7:15 am – 9:15 am | ASC 3:15 pm – 6: 15 pm | Vac Care 7:15 am – 6:15 pm.
- Average daily attendance BSC 35 children | ASC 65 children.
- Meeting NQS | Approved places 85
- New facilities are located within the school community.
- Separate office space
- Access to various play spaces within the school grounds.
- A well established team, with over 2 years of experience working at the service.
- A fantastic relationship with the school community.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004/12 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Diploma in Children’s Services (Out-of-Hours-Care), or equivalent.
- COVID-19 Vaccination status By applying, you understand this requirement and have the required document.
- WWCC current Working with Children Check.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Does this sound like the role for you? Hit “Apply”
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Vacation Care Coordinator.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information find us on:
Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
Yanu – Goodbye (Darug)
Firefly HR: Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
- Part Time | 25 - 37 hours | Split shifts perfect for work life balance.
- $28-$31 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Not For Profit | Parent Management Committee.