Worimi! – Hello (Dharuk)
This Service is located on the traditional land of the Toongagal people, who are part of the Dharuk people. We encourage educators to learn about the traditional owners of the land where they live and work, to teach children about Aboriginal culture and to share their knowledge about Aboriginal traditions and customs.
To learn more about the Toongagal people, click here: https://historyandheritage.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/research-topics/suburbs/winston-hills-brief-history#:~:text=Traditional%20custodians%20%E2%80%93%20The%20Toongagal%20clan,of%20the%20Dharuk%20indigenous%20people.
Are you looking to work with children in a great organisation with a fantastic work-life balance? Then, look no further!
This role is perfect if you would like to start out in the childcare/OSHC industry and are a fast learner! If you are studying towards a qualification in childcare, OSHC or teaching, and need experience, then you don’t want to pass up this opportunity!
You will be surrounded by a well-established and experienced team at this Service, who will support you and assist you to learn the ropes. If you have the passion and drive to work with children and to better their lives, then you will thrive in this position.
With a shared space on school grounds, and a great relationship between the OSHC Service and the school, this beloved Service is the perfect work environment for someone who is looking to begin their career working with children.
This opportunity involves:
- Permanent part time educator.
- Afternoon’s only (17.5 hours per week Monday to Friday).
- $25 - $29 per hour + 10% super
- Interact and engage with children on the floor, facilitate and implement programmed activities, engage in spontaneous play, support children, guide behaviour, and participate in tasks as part of a strong team.
- Great professional development opportunities.
- Support from a fantastic Service Coordinator.
More about this incredible Service:
- You are an extension of the school’s tight-knit community.
- Shared OSHC/OOSH space on school grounds.
- Exceeding rated Service.
- The Service has approximately 40 – 50 children attending in the mornings and 60 – 80 children attending in the afternoons.
- This Service also runs Vacation Care.
- Family oriented Service.
- Very established team who are supportive of each other.
Let’s get to know you!
- You are keen to get into the OSHC industry.
- You have a passion for working with children.
- You are flexible and approachable.
- You will value children as independent and capable learners.
- You will be able to support children to learn through play and discovery.
- You understand the importance of being an integral part of the school and local community, as the school community is intimate.
- You are a positive role model for children and other staff members.
- Desirable: experience working with children. This is not necessary if you are willing to learn.
- Required: current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Required: Recent Criminal History Check (within the last 6 months).
- Required: Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
Want to find out more about this great opportunity?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at email@example.com
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Does this sound like your ideal role?
We would love it if you would submit your resume outlining your experience, and a cover letter highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position.
When writing your cover letter, don’t forget to personalise it! Think about including:
- A brief professional history of you.
- Your philosophy- or your ‘why’.
- How you meet the position criteria- make sure you include examples from previous roles.
Remember to have a read over your application to check your grammar and spelling, and if it looks appealing.
For more information find us on:
Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
Yanu – Goodbye (Dharuk)
- Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC/OOSH and ECE sectors. -
- Permanent part-time, 17.5 hours per week| $25 - $29 per hour + super
- Medium sized Service | Perfect role if you are studying or working another job!
- Exceeding Service