Worimi! - Hello (Darug)
This Service is located on the land of the Bidjigal people, a clan of the Darug. Aboriginal history is all around us and is crucial to the culture and history of Australia. We encourage all OSHC professionals to spend time reflecting and empowering themselves with knowledge around the Indigenous culture of where they live and work.
Experienced Coordinator | Baulkham Hills
We are recruiting for a supportive Not for profit organisation that holds their employee’s wellbeing in high regard.
Feel valued and respected in this well-connected and established service in Baulkham Hills. Learn more about this role:
Learn more about this Service:
- OSHC/OOSH Service Coordinator.
- Permanent full-time, 38 hours per week.
- Mix of split/broken and block shifts.
- Award pay ($37- $40 ph + super, $70- $80k annually + super).
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the service.
- Spend some time on the floor engaging with the children and mentoring the educators, as well as complete administrative tasks.
- Develop and increase the knowledge of the current staff at the service through training and mentoring.
- Understanding the needs of the children is extremely important in this role and knowledge/ experience working with children with additional needs is highly desirable.
- Be surrounded by a team of passionate and lively educators who create an environment that nurtures children’s development and learning.
- Service has recently gone through A&R with an overall rating of Meeting
- Located inside St Michael’s Primary School in Baulkham Hills.
- Own dedicated double classroom with integrated office and conference room space, alongside a school hall and outdoor oval area for use.
- The educators are knowledgeable, friendly, flexible, and mature.
- You will be supported by two Assistant Coordinators in this Service.
- All staff members have a variety of skills and knowledge.
- Licensed for just over 190 children, but the Service is averaging 140 children each afternoon and 50 children each morning.
- The service maintains a tight relationship with the school and is seen as an extension of the school community.
- Vacation Care at this service – Nearby Services come to you during the school holidays. You will be supported by other service coordinators and educators
Let’s learn more about you!
- Stability of shifts | Shifts all year round – not restricted by school holidays
- Competitive salary with salary packaging options (which can increase your take-home pay)
- Additional leave (option to purchase leave for a greater work/life balance)
- Comprehensive induction programs
- Regular training and professional development
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- Access to Educational Leaders who provide coaching and guidance to educator teams to ensure the very best for children
- Opportunities for networking and collaboration with other services
- A supportive team environment.
What is Needed?
- High emotional intelligence and communication skills that allow you to adapt to suit different stakeholders, e.g., school, parents, families, and community members.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of educators.
- A strong and confident demeanour.
- A flexible, approachable, enthusiastic, and fun leader, whilst being professional and compliance driven- you must be able to understand the changing needs of the OSHC profession.
- Ability to work closely with and support children with additional needs.
- Ability to mentor educators to develop their skills in supporting children with additional needs.
- Possesses thorough knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards, My Time Our Place, and the National Laws and Regulations.
- Willing to continually improve the service, and bring your knowledge and experience to A&R.
The Firefly HR Mission:
- Desirable: relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching - Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Desirable: Possesses current ‘CHCPRT001- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain- 1 day training).
- Current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain- 1 day training).
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
- Required: Criminal History Check. This can be completed upon commencement.
- Child Safety – We are looking for someone who understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: it is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021
To promote the Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) industry and encourage quality educators to the profession.
To connect educators and centres with ease, through permanent or temporary recruitment.
To provide guidance and support to the OSHC sector. What Now?
with your resume outlining your experience and a cover letter stating which service you are interested in. For more information find us on: Facebook
@fireflyhr www.fireflyhr.com.au - Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors -
- Above award pay | Make a Positive Impact
- Feel Valued and Share Experiences with Great Networking Opportunities
- Own space within school grounds | Dedicated double classroom with office