Worimi! – Hello (Darug)
We acknowledge the Bidjigal People of the Dhurag clan, the traditional custodians of the land in which this service resides. The Firefly HR Mission:
To promote the Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) industry and encourage quality educators to the profession.
To connect educators and centres with ease, through permanent or temporary recruitment.
To provide guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
We are recruiting for a fabulous Not for Profit Company that holds their employee’s wellbeing in high regard. About the Roles:
- 20 hours | After School Care Only
- Monday – Friday | 2.30pm - 6.30pm
- Perfect shifts when studying!
- Jump-Start your career in Education and Care!
- Great opportunity to gain experience in the industry!
- 10% above award + Super + Allowances
- Small/Medium sized Service – Licenced for 90 children.
- Vacation Care at a nearby service!
- Great opportunity for Networking and meeting like-minded educators
- Supported by Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator
- Well established Service with great support
Does This Sound Like You?
- Stability of shifts | Shifts all year round – not restricted by school holidays
- Competitive salary with salary packaging options (which can increase your take-home pay)
- Additional leave (option to purchase leave for a greater work/life balance)
- Comprehensive induction programs
- Regular training and professional development
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- Access to Educational Leaders who provide coaching and guidance to educator teams to ensure the very best for children
- Opportunities for networking and collaboration with other services
- A supportive team environment.
What is Needed? - Desirable but not needed:
- You are a passionate educator who has experience in the industry.
- You are flexible and open minded.
- You are willing to support children with additional needs.
- You love to see children grow and develop in their own unique ways and gain joy from supporting this.
- You can think outside the box and come up with creative ideas for activities.
- You can shape the environment to allow the children to explore their interests and curiosity.
- You believe that every child has a right to be included in the OSHC environment.
- You can support each child’s individual needs.
- You will value children as independent and capable learners.
- You are a positive role model for children.
relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching - Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care. - Desirable but not needed:
Possesses current ‘CHCPRT001-
Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain-
1 day training). - Current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain- 1 day training). - Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check. - Child Safety –
We are looking for someone who understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. - COVID-19 Vaccination:
it is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021 What Now?
with your resume outlining your experience and a cover letter stating which service you are interested in. For more information find us on: Facebook
@fireflyhr www.fireflyhr.com.au Here are some Helpful Resources for you!
- Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors -
- Supportive and innovative Not for Profit Provider
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Fun and Welcoming Work Environment