Warami! – Hello (Darug)
This Service is located on the traditional land belonging to the Darug people, who’s land makes up the coast to the Blue Mountains and Western Suburbs.
Be part of something great at this beloved Service! Joining the team as a permanent educator with this Service will see you having a guaranteed set of hours, job security, above award pay, and a supportive organisation and team that will allow you to progress your career by providing training and opportunities to move up in the ranks! These roles will suit you if you are currently studying at university or TAFE, as you will only be required to work after school!
This Service is large, which means there is a lot of support available with two Assistant Coordinators, a Service Coordinator, and educators on the floor. Why these amazing permanent roles?
Why this service?
- 20 hours per week part time educator roles (afternoons only).
- 35 Hours per week 6.30-9 2-6.30
- Monday to Friday shifts 2pm - 6pm
- 35 Hours per week Mornings 6.30am - 9am & 2pm -6.30pm
- Afternoons only during term time and block shifts during vacation care.
- Above award wages! $25-$29 p/h + split shift allowance + super.
- Options to study through organisation!
- Gain valuable experience & mentorship working alongside a knowledgeable Coordinator.
Let’s get to know you!
- Medium -large Service licensed for just over 130 children. This means that there are a multitude of educators and staff to support you while you work!
- Exceeding rated Service in house located in the beautiful St Michael’s Primary School in Blacktown South.
- Great positive and supportive relationship with the school.
- The school staff are very communicative, cooperative, and caring towards the OSHC staff.
- Mix of shared and own OSHC spaces. The Service has its own dedicated room with a built in kitchen and office, and also utilises the school hall, library, and all the outdoor spaces.
- The service has access to a garden area and Indigenous Garden space within the school as well.
- Opportunity for career progression and growth as the organisation expands.
- Work for an organisation that sees you more than an employee. You will be a part of a team, that work together and support one another.
- You have a positive attitude and a passion for working with children.
- You possess high emotional intelligence and the ability to communicate effectively with your co-workers and children.
- You open minded, flexible, and confident.
- You will ideally be an educator already, who is looking for a permanent role or looking for a change of scenery.
- Required: a valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- Required: you can show proof of your full COVID-19 Vaccination Status.
- Required: HLTAID004 / 012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Preferred: you have a working knowledge of the NQF and NQS.
- Preferred: CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. A Working with Children Check applies to this position. What now?
Please do not hesitate to inquire for any further questions on the position via the team at firstname.lastname@example.org How can I apply? Hit “APPLY”
We would love it if you would submit your resume
outlining your experience, and a cover letter
highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position.
When writing your cover letter, don’t forget to personalise it! Think about including:
- A brief professional history of you.
- Your philosophy- or your ‘why’.
- How you meet the position criteria- make sure you include examples from previous roles.
Remember to have a read over your application to check your grammar and spelling, and if it looks appealing. - Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors -
- 20 hours per week educator roles (afternoons only)
- Above Award Wages! $25-$29 per hour + split shift allowance + super
- Opportunity for career progression and growth with an amazing organisation