This Service is located on the traditional land of the Darug and Darkinjung people.
It is important for OSHC professionals to understand the traditional owners of the land that their Service stands on, as they can inform and share their knowledge to children and families about Aboriginal history and culture.
To learn more about the Darug and Darkinjung people, click here: https://www.darkinjung.com.au/culture-and-heritage/
Want to be part of a new, intimate Service and make your mark leading a team of educator? Then, this role is perfect for you!
We are looking for an experienced OSHC professional, such as an Assistant Coordinator or senior educator who is willing to step up to the plate to lead this beautiful Service.
If you possess demonstrated experience in a leadership role within a similar sized service and are looking to manage your own team of educators, then this is the role for you. A positive attitude, high emotional intelligence, and the ability to mentor educators are a must, as this is your chance to lead a team of caring educators in a much-loved service.
It is important for you to be able to liaise with different stakeholders, including the school, as the Service has built a strong relationship with the school community as well as their families and children.
This Service is close to public transport and the shops in south Windsor, making it easy to commute to!
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, please don’t hesitate to apply!
Outline of the role:
- OSHC/OOSH Coordinator.
- Permanent full-time, 38 hours per week.
- Mix of split/broken shifts and block shifts.
- Award pay! $75K - $85K + super!
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the service.
- Spend some time on the floor engaging with the children and mentoring the educators.
- Develop and increase the knowledge of the current staff at the service through training and mentoring.
- Able to support children with additional needs and work closely with educators to develop their skills in supporting these children.
- Be surrounded by a team of passionate and lively educators who create an environment that nurtures children’s development and learning.
A little more about this Service:
- Located inside a school in the South Windsor area.
- Own space for use within the school, including a classroom. The service also shares the school hall as required.
- The outdoor environment is ideal for outdoor active play with an undercover basketball court and large grassed oval with cricket pitch.
- All staff members have a variety of skills and knowledge.
- Licensed for 100 children, however the service has very small attendance numbers. Approximately 20 - 35 children attend in the afternoons and 10 - 15 children attend in the mornings. Vacation care ranges from 25 – 60 children.
- The service maintains a tight relationship with the school and is seen as an extension of the school community.
Getting to know you:
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care, Diploma, or extensive and proven experience in a similar role at a similar sized service.
- High emotional intelligence and communication skills that allow you to adapt to suit different stakeholders, e.g., school, parents, families, and community members.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of educators.
- Possesses thorough knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards, My Time Our Place, and the National Laws and Regulations.
- Required: current HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- ‘Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Required: current CHCPRT001- ‘Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain).
- Required: Criminal History Check.
- Required: Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
- Required: Ability to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Want to find out more?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators and Coordinators ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at email@example.com
Does this role light a fire in you?
We would love it if you would submit your resume outlining your experience, and a cover letter highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position.
When writing your cover letter, don’t forget to personalise it! Think about including:
- A brief professional history of you.
- Your philosophy- or your ‘why’.
- How you meet the position criteria- make sure you include examples from previous roles.
Remember to have a read over your application to check your grammar and spelling, and if it looks appealing.
- Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors -
- Permanent, full-time | 38 hours pw | Above award pay $75K - $85K + super
- Own space within school grounds
- Mix of split shifts and block shifts