Permanent Educator (Part time) | OSHC / OOSH | Penrith
Worimi! – Hello (Darug)
We acknowledge the Bidjigal People of the Dhurag clan, the traditional custodians of the land in which this service resides. The Firefly HR Mission:
To promote the Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) industry and encourage quality educators to the profession.
To connect educators and centres with ease, through permanent or temporary recruitment.
To provide guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
We are recruiting for a fabulous Not for Profit Company that holds their employee’s wellbeing in high regard.
Are you looking for a rewarding job with excellent work-life balance? This opportunity is for you! We are recruiting for an Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) service in the Penrith area. You will have job security and be part of a fantastic team of passionate educators. About the role:
Insight on the service:
- Permanent Part time opportunity – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday morning and afternoon shift equalling to 26 hours
- Facilitate experiences for children and provide a nurturing environment
- Collaborate with your team, share ideas, and build positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Support children to develop holistically through a diverse BASC program
- Participate in a fast-paced environment
- Join a supportive team where you will receive clear guidance and plenty of opportunities for growth
Does this sound like you?
- Located in Penrith – close to public transport
- Exceeding Rating
- Plenty of play spaces both indoor and outdoor
- Experienced team of committed educators and leaders
- Set up and pack away service allows for flexibility in play spaces
- Enriching program opportunities including cooking, art, dramatic arts, and sports
- Up to 60 children currently enrolled, providing plenty of opportunities to connect with children and facilitate small group experiences
- You have a natural ability to form positive relationships
- You have a positive attitude and the ability to be innovative
- You have excellent communication skills
- You appreciate an active environment and enjoy the outdoors
- You are motivated to support children with additional needs
- You are ready to join a passionate team of educators
- Desired: Possesses current ‘CHCPRT001- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training
- Desired: experience working with children
- Desired: sound understanding of the National Quality Framework and National Quality Standards
- Desired but not needed: relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching - Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Required: current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Required: Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: it is a requirement in NSW that any ECEC (and OSHC) staff across the state must receive two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination.
Want to find out more about this amazing career opportunity?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at firstname.lastname@example.org Child Safety:
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Does this sound like your perfect position?
We would love it if you would submit your resume outlining your experience, and a cover letter highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position.
When writing your cover letter, don’t forget to personalise it! Think about including:
- A brief professional history of you.
- Your philosophy- or your ‘why’.
- How you meet the position criteria- make sure you include examples from previous roles.
Remember to have a read over your application to check your grammar and spelling, and if it looks appealing.
For more information find us on:
Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
- Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC/OOSH and ECE sectors. -
- Permanent part-time role | Job stability
- 26 hours per week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday mornings and afternoons)
- $26 - $29 per hour + 10% super