'Cooee Mittigar' - Come here friend (Darug) This Service is located on the land traditionally belonging to the Darug people. The Darug people were known for their hunter-gatherer lifestyle.
“The job of an educator is to teach students to see the vitality in themselves.”
- Joseph Campbell
This role will provide an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a position that combines mentoring & coaching, liaising with families, and planning & programming as well as someone who can display a strong work ethic and a positive attitude towards delivering quality outcomes for children.
As the OSHC Educational Leader, you will be joining an OSHC service that has its own space in the community, providing engaging activities for approximately 30 to 45 children each day. In your role, you will be supported by an Area Manager and head office, as well as a 2IC, and will receive a comprehensive handover.
You will also be given the opportunity to step up into a Supervisor role whilst the current Coordinator is on maternity leave (approx. 9 months) with the opportunity for further employment. This gives you the opportunity to learn, grow and develop within the service & approved provider.
This leadership opening in Dural is ideal for a 2IC, Team Leader, or Educational Leader looking at expanding their experience. What makes this role different from the rest?
What will set you apart?
- Will help you gain vital skills and knowledge so you can extend your professional portfolio.
- The split shift structure will allow you to have a strong presence at the service and on the floor, allowing you to develop your services program and ensure all educators can be involved.
- Opportunities to step up into a supervisor (responsible person) position in the absence of the Coordinator.
- 9 months of management experience with the opportunity for longer-term employment.
- Above award wages (negotiable for the right person)
- 10% Superannuation + broken shift allowance.
Why this Approved Provider?
- Someone with leadership skills & the ability to mentor a team of educators.
- Someone who is community-focused and will ensure positive relationships and interactions with the school is maintained.
- Someone with experience communicating with stakeholders including families, school communities, school executives, and the management team.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the NQF - NQS, Framework, Regulations.
- Strong knowledge of school aged children’s development and needs.
- Someone who has strong communication skills.
- Someone with experience working in the Outside School Hours Care sector in a leadership position.
- Someone dedicated to developing a harmonious team environment, incorporating leadership based on respect, understanding, and effective communication.
- Small, boutique Approved Provider offering ongoing support to its services & educators.
- Wonderful OSHC community built on respectful relationships between educators & children.
- Lots of professional development opportunities.
- Career progression opportunities.
- The Area Manager visits once a month (at minimum) to offer support & guidance.
- Positive work environments where your wellbeing will be prioritised.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Minimum of Diploma in Children’s Services (Out-of-Hours-Care), or equivalent
- Valid Working with Children Check.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Ed Leader.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Firefly HR: Providing guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
For more information find us on:
Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
Check out our Professional Development calendar
Yanu – Goodbye (Darug)
- Educational Leader with opportunities to step into a Supervisor role
- 30 - 38hrs | Split Shifts for a Study | Work | Life Balance.
- Above award wages | $27-$35 per hour (dependent on experience & qualifications).