Jingiwallah – Hello (Bundjalung)
St Joseph’s Coraki acknowledges the traditional custodians of this country, the Bandjalang People of the Bundjalung Nation. We pay respect to elders past, present, and emerging. The land we are on now, the land we live, work, breathe, eat and sleep; always was and always will be Aboriginal Land. May we walk alongside the custodians of this country as we seek Voice, Treaty, and Truth
This could be the leadership role for you it combines creativity and innovation. Your role as the coordinator will be to implement your ideas and manage daily operations for this outside of school hours service. Great opportunity to extend your knowledge as a Nominated Supervisor and Educational Leader in providing engaging play experiences for primary school aged children. If you’re a 2IC or Team leader looking for the next step in your career, this role will extend your professional development and career portfolio.
Being community focused is a must in this role, as the local community is small, tight-knit, and excited to welcome an OSHC Service for their children. Additionally, the school has an amazing relationship with the Indigenous community and would love their OSHC Service to reflect this. Thus, this role will allow you to be flexible and creative to meet the needs of the school and wider community. Who we’re looking for
About the role
- Someone who brings their own unique touch to the Service, whilst maintaining compliance.
- Someone who can meet the needs of the children and the school community.
- Someone who is approachable and able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders to ensure that this OSHC service is tailored to the needs of its intimate community.
- Someone who will ensure inclusivity in this Service.
- Someone dedicated to developing a harmonious team environment, incorporating leadership based on respect, understanding, and effective communication.
- Someone with leadership skills & the ability to mentor a team of educators.
- Someone who can integrate the service into the school community.
- Someone who can engage all staff members in the planning cycle and encourage educators to make regular contributions to programming and other aspects of the service.
About the service
- Flexible approach. You get to shape this role yourself.
- Professionally develop into the role of Nominated Supervisor.
- Flexible work approach to Block shifts | Days and Hours.
- Permanent part-time, 20 hours (3 days) then increase to 30 hours per week. Flexible Approach.
- As the Educational Leader you’ll be planning, and programming care experiences based on My Time Our Place for approximately 20 children.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Service and lead a small team of educators.
- Educational Services (School) General Staff Award Level 7.1- 7.3 $32- $35 ph.
- Located in a beautiful regional setting by the river with open spaces and lovely views in a close community.
- Beautiful school grounds with original buildings that are picturesque.
- Own OSHC space within the school community with some set up and pack down.
- This Service is adaptable to reflect the communities needs.
- Small service with a part time admin support officer.
- The school has a great relationship with the Indigenous community.
- A vast outdoor area that can facilitate a range of exciting outdoor activities.
- The service is an extension of the school community, with a very supportive principal and staff.
- Relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching: Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III or Diploma in Children's Services, Teaching Qualification or relevant ACECQA approved qualifications.
- Current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Current ‘CHCPRT001- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain).
- Recent Criminal History Check (within the last 3 months).
- Valid NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
- Current COVID-19 Vaccination status preferred. By applying, you understand this requirement and have the required documentation.
You're an individual who understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for the Coordinator.
Firefly HR: Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information find us on:
Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
More on Firefly HR Professional development https://linktr.ee/fireflyhr
Nynboo – Goodbye (Bundjalung)
- Wonderful Community Welcomes New Outside School Hours Care.
- Permanent PT | 20 hrs (3 days) to 30 hrs pw | Award Rate $32- $35 ph + super.
- Flexible work Approach to Block Shifts | Days and Hours.