Giinagay – Hello (Gumbaynggirr)
This Service is located on Gumbaynggirr Country. Learn more about the Gumbaynggir people here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumbaynggirr. What greater joy can a teacher feel than to witness a child’s success? - Michelle L. Graham
This opportunity within a beautiful school community in Macksville is looking for someone who has Coordinator experience or perhaps a leadership role such as 2IC or Assistant Coordinator looking to take the next step in your career.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a position that allows you to be flexible, creative, and innovative to meet the needs of families and the school community.
As the Coordinator, you’ll be part of the school community managing day to day operations of this beautiful OSHC service and effectively communicate with various stakeholders to ensure that this OSHC service is tailored to the needs of its intimate community. We’re looking for
Does this sound like the role for you?
- Someone with leadership experience, or looking for the next step in their career, & the ability to mentor a team of educators.
- Someone who wants professional development towards a Nominated Supervisor role would be an advantage.
- A community focused person willing to ensure positive relationships and interactions with the school are maintained.
- Someone who has excellent communication skills with stakeholders including families, school communities, school executives, and the management team.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the NQF - NQS Framework, Regulations, and My Time Our Place.
- Strong knowledge of school aged children’s development and needs.
- Someone who can be creative, whilst being professional.
- Someone with the ability to facilitate an excellent Service whilst keeping within budget.
- Someone who has demonstrated experience in a Coordinator, 2IC, or leadership role within an OSHC or Early Childhood Service.
- Someone experienced using CCMS or willing to learn. You will need to be able to assist families with CCS & online enrolments.
- Someone who understands the importance of being an integral part of the school and local community, as the school is situated in a regional town.
A little more about this Service
- Located 20 minutes away from amazing beaches, in a small country town.
- Flexible work approach for the right person.
- After School Care & Vacation Care only | No Before School Care.
- Full Time or Part Time | 3 to 5 days per week | 7.6 hours per day.
- The shift structure will allow you to have a strong presence at the service working directly with children, allowing you to develop your team's professional practice and ensure you are meeting the needs of the community.
- Supportive structure working alongside a PT Assistant Coordinator and Financial Support Officer.
- Educational Services (School) General Staff Award ($32.00-35.00 ph + super) dependent on skills and qualifications. This rate will increase with experience and growth in the role.
- Day-to-day management of the service where you are responsible for rostering, mentoring & supporting the team, quality & compliance, QIP, liaising with families & ensuring adherence to service budget.
- Allocated administrative time to ensure focus on the children, staff, and families during operating hours.
- Administrative duties in accordance with regulations, framework, CCS requirements, enrolments, answering emails, and billing.
- New, modern school with great facilities.
- Located in a beautiful regional setting by the river, and a short drive to amazing beaches.
- This Service offers ASC and Vacation Care, no BSC.
- Exceeding in 3 National Quality Areas.
- Own admin space.
- OSHC operates out of the hall, however, can occupy half of the hall and make it your own. You can leave resources out and hang items up.
- Licensed for under 60 children.
- ASC's average attendance is 30 – 40 children.
- Childcare Management software |Xap technology
- Relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching: Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Certificate III or Diploma in Children's Services, Teaching Qualification or relevant ACECQA approved qualifications.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004/12 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- WWCC current Working with Children Check.
- Diploma or Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care or equivalent qualification in OSHC. Or perhaps studying towards a Master of Teaching (Primary).
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Coordinator.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at email@example.com
Firefly HR: Providing guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
For more information find us on:
Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
Check out our Professional Development calendar
Yarri yarraang – Goodbye (Darug)
- Work within a beautiful school community, with a regional, close to the beach.
- Flexible Approach | Part time or Full Time | 3 - 5 days | Block Shifts.
- Above Award $32.00 - $35.00 ph + super dependent qualifications and experience.