Worimi! – Hello (Darug)
This Service is located on the traditional land of the Darug people. It is important, as Service Coordinators, to understand the traditional land where we live and work, to share our knowledge about Aboriginal culture with the children.
To learn more about the Darug people, click here: https://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Community/Our-people/Aboriginal-communities
Want to lead an exceptional team of educators in an Exceeding rated Service? Then, you are in luck!
We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced, and mature individual who is able to nurture and support the development of a well-established OSHC team.
If you possess demonstrated experience in a leadership role within a large Service and are looking to manage your own team of educators, then this is the role for you. This Service has two Assistant Coordinators who will support you in your role, and you will also be given time to connect with other Service Coordinators, and your Area Coordinator every week!
You will be required to have thorough knowledge of the NQF and NQS, as well as a positive attitude, high emotional intelligence, the ability to communicate effectively, and the ability to mentor educators.
The Service has an amazing relationship with the school, whom the current Coordinator has built up over time, so you will also need to have experience liaising with stakeholders and maintaining positive relationships. This service will allow you to have fun and be creative, whilst operating in line with the needs of the children and families.
Basics of the role:
- OSHC Coordinator (12 month secondment role).
- Permanent full-time, 38 hours per week.
- Mix of block shifts and split/broken shifts.
- Above Award pay! $75K - 85K + super
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the service.
- Spend some time on the floor engaging with the children and mentoring the educators.
- Develop and increase the knowledge of the current staff at the service through training and mentoring.
- Be surrounded by a team of passionate and lively educators (including two Assistant Coordinators, and an Area Coordinator) who create an environment that nurtures children’s development and learning.
About this Service:
- Located onsite in a primary school in Stanhope Gardens.
- Shared space in the school hall (pack down and set up service). However, some evenings you can leave the set up in the hall depending on the needs of the school.
- The current team of experienced and knowledgeable staff are excited to welcome a new Coordinator.
- The educators are knowledgeable, friendly, flexible, and mature. There is a mixture of long-standing staff members and short-term staff members at this service.
- All staff members have a variety of skills and knowledge.
- Licensed for 193 children, making this Service large.
- There are some children who possess challenging behaviours at this Service, so the Service is in the process of getting KU funding for these children.
- The Service maintains a tight relationship with the school and is seen as an extension of the school community.
- You will be provided with time to connect with other Coordinators every week and develop your skills through professional development meetings, group tasks, readings, discussions, and training.
- The Service has a great relationship with the school and school principal, and you will need to maintain this.
Getting to know you:
- You possess a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care, Diploma, or extensive and proven experience in a similar role at a similar sized service.
- You possess high emotional intelligence and communication skills that allow you to adapt to suit different stakeholders, e.g., school, parents, families, and community members.
- You possess demonstrated experience leading a team of educators.
- You are a flexible, approachable, enthusiastic, and fun leader, whilst being professional and compliance driven- you must be able to understand the changing needs of the OSHC profession.
- You possess the ability to mentor educators to develop their skills.
- You possess thorough knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards, My Time Our Place, and the National Laws and Regulations.
- Required: a current HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- ‘Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain- 1 day training).
- Required: a current CHCPRT001- ‘Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain- 1 day training).
- Required: Criminal History Check from the last 6 months.
- Required: Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
- Required: Ability to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Want to find out more?
Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team (who are former Educators and Coordinators ourselves) if you would like to know more, ask a question, or just to chat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Does this role spark your interest?
We would love it if you would submit your resume outlining your experience, and a cover letter highlighting how you would be the perfect person for this position.
When writing your cover letter, don’t forget to personalise it! Think about including:
- A brief professional history of you.
- Your philosophy- or your ‘why’.
- How you meet the position criteria- make sure you include examples from previous roles.
Remember to have a read over your application to check your grammar and spelling, and if it looks appealing.
- Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors -
- Permanent, full-time | 38 hours pw | Above Award! $75K - 85K + super
- 12 Month Secondment Role | Mix of split and block shifts
- Exceeding rated Service