Assistant Director | OOSH | Beauty Point Worimi! – Hello (Dharug)
This Service is located on the traditional lands of the Cammeraygal people, who are a clan of the Eora tribe. It is important for educators to understand the land on which they live in and work in order to spread education and knowledge about Aboriginal people and culture. The Cammeraygal people are recorded as being in this region for approximately 5,800 years!
To learn more, click here: https://www.monumentaustralia.org.au/themes/culture/indigenous/display/100590-the-cammeraygals Maybe you are already an Assistant Director looking to take on a new challenge, or perhaps you are an experienced and child-focused senior Educator who is ready to take the reigns!
This small and flexible Service is looking for an Educator with lots of experience and a real child-focus to step into an Assistant Director position. The Service is happy to work flexibly with the right person to create the best possible work environment. All they ask is that you are ready to hit the ground running from day one!
The Service is offering a full-time position, working either block shifts or split shifts, whatever suits you best! They will potentially consider someone who wants to work part-time however, you will need to be able to work at least Monday to Wednesday every week.
Utilising the skills and experience of an engaged Director and the know-how of a very involved Educational Leader, you will have the chance to really step up and help run this easy-going Service. If you can take initiative, have great attention to detail, and have a genuine child-focus, then this role could be a great move for you! What these roles look like:
What this Service looks like:
- Full-time role – flexible for the right person
- 38 hours per week – either block shifts or split shifts – but the ability to work Monday to Wednesday is a must
- This Service also runs vacation care
- Above Award Wages! $31-$33 per hour + 10% super!
- Interact, support and engage with children on the floor, facilitate and implement programmed activities alongside the Educational Leader, assist Director to manage administrative processes, and generally ensure the smooth running of the Service
Let’s get to know you!
- Extremely easy going and flexible Service
- Great location and lovely community
- Supportive Director, Educational Leader and Parent Management Committee
- Dedicated team of educators
- Loads of professional development opportunities
- Plenty of team bonding events and outings
- You are either an existing Assistant Director or an experienced Educator looking for a new challenge
- You must be flexible, approachable and prepared to hit the ground running
- You must be able to run and participate in activities in an inclusive program that is tailored to the needs of the children and community – a child-focus is key
- You must be able to direct and work well with a team.
- You must be capable of taking charge and being independent in the role
- Required: experience working with children.
- Required: a valid and current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Required: Recent Criminal History Check (within the last 6 months).
- Required: Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
- Required: Ability to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. A Working with Children Check applies to this position. Would you like to work here?
Please do not hesitate to inquire for any further questions on the position via the team at firstname.lastname@example.org Apply now!
to submit your resume along with a cover letter that outlines why you would make a great fit for this position. Make sure you specify the amount of hours you can commit to on your application. Please ensure your resume is up to date & showcases who you are.
You may want to include a personal philosophy or mission statement to stand out from the other candidates. Please apply through the link. Firefly HR – OSHC & ECE Specific Recruitment Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
- Assistant Director role
- Full-time position | Flexible | Block shifts or split shifts considered
- Above Award Wages! | $31 - $33 per hour + 10 % super