This service acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional custodians of our land and will acknowledge the traditional custodians of the many lands on which we will be learning together and growing as a safe, respectful and united community. As educators, we commit to walking together on a journey of inclusion and reconciliation.
What greater joy can a teacher feel than to witness a child’s success? Are you a confident professional looking to work in a collaborative environment? Then this is an exciting opportunity for you. Our team aims to deliver innovative learning programs where you can shape the environment to allow the children to explore their interests and curiosity.
-Michelle L. Graham
This opportunity is perfect for someone who is looking for a role that has a team approach to delivering quality outcomes for children and pursue your career in Education and Care. This service offers you a flexible work approach that will allow you to have a strong presence at the service working directly with children and building relationships in the community.
Are you someone who…?
Why this Approved Provider?
- Possess a Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care, Diploma, or 1-2 years of proven experience in a similar role at a similar sized service.
- Enjoys working in an environment that shares a common goal.
- Displays a strong work ethic and a positive attitude in creating a welcoming environment in the community.
- Can collaboratively, support, and embed program and practice.
- Has experience working in the Outside School Hours Care.
- Has knowledge of school aged children's development and needs.
- Has knowledge and understanding of the NQS | My Time Our Place.
- Has experience as a Responsible Person.
- Is available Monday – Friday | Before, After, and Vacation Care.
- Flexible approach for the right candidate BSC 2 hours | ASC 2:30 -6:30.
What sets this centre apart?
- You will be working alongside a team of professionals who pride themselves on providing high quality childcare services with interest based programs.
- Wonderful OSHC community built on respectful relationships between educators & children.
- The Area Manager visits once a month (at minimum) to offer support & guidance.
- Supportive structure to assist Educators to provide quality care experiences.
- Positive work environments where your wellbeing will be prioritised.
- Network opportunities with like-minded professionals across our business.
- Above award wages pending qualifications and experience.
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network of centres, including succession planning and career progression.
- Head office manages CCS, Enrolments, and Inclusion Support portal.
- Aims to strengthen the bridge between family work and family life by creating a place that supports and benefits the child, the parent, the staff, and the school community.
- Food is delivered daily already made, so there is no prep (or clean up) to worry about.
- Join a team of educators that facilitate a wide variety in the daily program. More variety in the program means more happy and engaged children as they have lots of options.
- Experienced leadership structure Coordinator, 2IC, and Educational Leader.
- The Area Manager visits once a month at a minimum. Providing support and guidance.
- Fantastic community relationships have already been established.
- Professional development is provided and is based on the feedback on what you’re looking for.
- Large service ASC averages 150 children | Vac Care averages 60 children.
- BSC 7 am – 9 am | ASC 3 pm – 6:30 pm | Vac Care 7 am – 6 pm.
- Childcare Management: Software My Family Lounge | QikKids for CCMS.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004/12 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Diploma in Children’s Services (Out-of-Hours-Care), or equivalent.
- Current Working With Children Check.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Educator.
Firefly HR: Providing guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information find us on:
Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
Check out our Professional Development calendar
- Great Community Relationship | Networking Opportunities.
- Flexible Work Approach | Permanent Part Time | 25 - 30 hrs | Educator.
- Above Award Wages | $24-$28 per hour | Dependent on Experience & Qualification.