This Service acknowledges the Dharawal people as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which it sits. They value and celebrate Dharawal culture and language, and acknowledge Dharawal people’s continuing connection to the land, the sea and community. They pay respect to the Elders and their families, past, present and emerging, and through them, to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
If you have lots of OSHC experience and are now ready to step into a Coordinator role in a small, but growing, Service in a lovely location, we’d love to chat to you!
Working as a key part of a supportive management structure, and with a stable and committed team of Educators on board, this is a great opportunity to work closely with the school and community to maintain and grow a warm, fun, inclusive, and encouraging environment for the children who attend Outside School Hours Care in Waterfall, NSW.
This Not-For-Profit Service uses a classroom at a small, local Primary School, where they run a friendly and welcoming Before and After School Care Programme for up to 19 children. They have a dedicated private office, kitchen facilities, and plenty of storage space to be able to run a fun programme.
The Service is part of a small group run by one Approved Provider which provides excellent support for its teams, including an Area Manager and a Compliance Manager who are there to help with all the tricky stuff around writing the QIP, doing self-assessment, handling A&R, etc. They are also very keen on developing their staff and promoting from within. So, if you ever had the thought of taking on a head office position one day, this could be the place to start!
In order to attract committed Education and Care professionals to their team, this Service will pay above award wages – up to $39 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. About you
- You’re dedicated to providing ongoing guidance and support to improve outcomes for families
- You have a sound knowledge and understanding of the NQF | NQS | MYTOP | Regulations
- You might hold an ECE | OSHC Diploma or equivalent, perhaps studying towards a qualification in Children’s Services
- You have some experience in a leadership capacity in OSHC (ideally) or ECE, but most importantly, you are willing to learn
- You are someone who is passionate about working with children and can mentor educators
- You are someone who is career minded
- You have some experience dealing with management, building relationships & ensuring positive interactions with the school community
- You are someone who wants to make a positive difference
- You’re adaptable, you are open and willing to learn new things, and take on new challenges
- Fully immunised and up to date with your boosters
- CHCPRT001Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain.
- HLTAID012 - ‘Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Ideally, you will hold an ECE | OSHC Diploma or equivalent, perhaps studying towards a qualification in Children’s Services.
- 1-2 years of proven experience in a similar role
- Current Working With Vulnerable People card
- Covid 19 Vaccination Certificate By applying, you have the required documentation.
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great Coordinator.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at email@example.com Firefly HR: Providing guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
For more information find us on: Facebook
@fireflyhr Check out our Professional Development calendar
- Above award wage | $39 + super depending on experience
- 30 hours per week | Split Shifts with plenty of admin time
- Well-supported, experienced team - great working environment