Warami ~ Hello (Darug) This service is located on land that is part of the Country of the inland Darug people, whose territory extended from the Blue Mountains to the coast. The word Darug comes from the Aboriginal word for yam.
An amazing opportunity for Certificate III
at all stages of their professional journey to join this Not for Profit Early Childhood Education service located in the Box Hill area in Sydney’s Hill District. We will guide you in achieving your career milestones through our supportive leadership structure. This could be the perfect fit for you if you share our commitment to nurturing our next generation.
Are you someone who is looking to expand their Education and Care career? it could be ideal for you to work alongside other dedicated Early Childhood Education professionals in an organisation that truly puts the children first, quality of care is at the forefront of all that they do.
About this role
- Opened this year and has an excellent reputation.
- Is connected to the community and has links to the school, with great transition to school programs.
- Has a dynamic team providing care experiences, operating above ratio.
- Is a progressive service we started this year with a Reggio inspired play based approach. With a commitment to continually reflect on the needs of the children.
- Open for 49 weeks of the year, closing two weeks during Christmas and New Year.
- Operates extended hours, 6:30 am to 6 pm.
- Director is Bachelor qualified (ECT) and experienced.
- Is well resourced and is purpose built with great indoor and outdoor flow.
- There are 3 spaces within the service that makes for easy grouping as needed.
- Childcare Management software, Xplor for CCMS & documentation.
About the Approved Provider
- Cert III- 5% Above Award, $24.85 - $26.52 ph.
- Ideally full time, 8.5 hours per day working Monday to Friday (accumulate 12 RDOs per year - one per month). Flexibility with hours for the right candidates / that suits the service needs.
- Part time available for the right candidate.
- Work with children in their formative years, introduce them to the school environment and help them to develop key skills that provide the basis for future learning.
- Shifts range between the extended hours of operation of 6:30 am – 6 pm.
- Allocated programming time, 2 hours per week off the floor.
- Opportunities for growth at the service and responsibility for learning areas of interest within the team.
Who are we looking for?
- Non-for Profit Approved Provider with 6 total Early Childhood Education (ECE), has a low staff turnover.
- Access to Employee Assistant Program (EAP) through the organisation.
- Opportunity to Salary Package / Sacrifice (conditions apply).
- Dedicated Approved Provider with quality of care to children guiding and leading their practice.
- Offers additional service professional development with the requests of the Educators in mind of what they are wanting to extend their knowledge on.
- Has an Early Childhood Australia (ECA) learning subscription for each Educator which gives everyone access to webinars, on demand training, and so much more.
- Connect with the other ECE services in the organisation via network meetings, passion area meetings, and more
- Someone with empathy, patience, and good communication skills.
- Have values that align with respect, encouragement, and care.
- An understanding of the EYLF: Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia.
- Awareness of the National Quality Framework.
- Certificate III or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification.
- WWCC current Working with Children Check.
- CHCPRT001Identify and respond to children and young people at risk Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training). Often in your qualification.
- HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Cert III Educator.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at email@example.com
Firefly HR: Providing guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
Connect with us on Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
Yanu – Goodbye (Darug)
- Cert III 5% Above Award | $24.85 - $26.52 ph | Service operates above ratio.
- Flexible approach | Monday to Friday | Full Time | RDO's optional.
- Long Day Care | Supportive Team and Leadership structure.