Worimi! – Hello (Darug)
We acknowledge the original inhabitants of this land to be those of the Darug Nation.
We encourage all Educators to spend time reflecting and empowering themselves with knowledge around the Indigenous culture of where they live and work.
35 Hours | Before and After School Care | Glendenning
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic OSHC/OOSH professional who is willing to step into a Permanent Part-Time Role. This role is perfect for anyone wanting to test the waters and level up their career by taking on more responsibility and playing a part in shaping a Service.
If you are a senior educator or have been working with children in OSHC/ECE for a while and would like to progress into a more challenging role, then this opportunity is perfect for you! More about this role:
- Permanent Part Time | 35 hours per week
- Split Shifts
Range between 6.30am – 9.30am & 2pm – 6.30pm
- 10% above award wages of approximately $25- $29 per hour (pending on qualification and experience) + Super & Allowances!
- Spending time on the floor with the kids and getting amongst the activities.
- Small Service – attendances around 50 children per day.
- The School is currently under construction – new areas and facilities coming soon!
- Split shifts to ensure the opportunity to build strong relationships with the school and community is there. This will be explored whether a block shift or few will be added as the needs of the service change.
- Working cooperatively and cohesively with the school to ensure the smooth running of the unique program.
- Be included in the school learning community
- Strong and established team already in place to.
- Be supported by an experienced Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator.
- Opportunity for Leadership position as Responsible Person.
- Vacation Care at another Service – Great Opportunity for networking.
- Gain valuable experience working with primary aged children and further develop your career. The benefits:
‐ Stability of shifts | Shifts all year round – not restricted by school holidays
‐ Enhancing your career progression and opportunity to network with like-minded individuals
‐ Competitive salary with salary packaging options (which can increase your take-home pay)
‐ Additional leave (option to purchase leave for a greater work/life balance)
‐ Comprehensive induction programs
‐ Regular training and professional development
‐ Opportunities for career development and progression – Opportunity to study a Diploma of School Age Care
‐ Access to Educational Leaders who provide coaching and guidance to educator teams to ensure the very best for children
‐ Opportunities for networking and collaboration with other services
‐ A supportive team environment. More About You:
- You possess experience working within an OSHC / OOSH or Early Childhood Service.
- You possess a positive attitude.
- Must be able to facilitate an inclusive and structured program that is tailored to the needs and interests of the children and community.
- Be insightful to the needs of the school community and have the ability to implement the specific needs of families.
- Possesses thorough knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards, and My Time Our Place.
- You possess good communication skills that allow you to communicate with different stakeholders, parents, children, the school, and community members.
- A positive role model for children and other staff members.
- You strive to facilitate the learning and development of children through all aspects of the Service. The Essentials:
- Desirable but not needed:
relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching - Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Possesses current ‘CHCPRT001’
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain- 1 day training).
- Current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012’
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain- 1 day training).
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
- Child Safety –
We are looking for someone who understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
‐ COVID-19 Vaccination: Required:
Ability to show proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination status.
More About Us:
Hit “APPLY” with your resume outlining your experience and a cover letter stating which service you are interested in. For more information find us on: Facebook
Firefly HR Mission
To promote the Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) industry and encourage quality educators to the profession.
To connect educators and centres with ease, through permanent or temporary recruitment.
To provide guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
- ABOVE award rate + Allowances + Super
- Small Service - Perfect for the next step in your career!
- Be a part of an amazing and supportive team