This service acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land the Biddegal people of the Eora Nation. “Play is the highest form of research.”
- Albert Einstein
Golden opportunity to join a community devoted to supporting families in accessing quality care for their children.
This Not For Profit vision is to create a safe and nurturing environment where children can experience ownership and independence, while at the same time becoming socially responsible and building relationships.
We are looking for an individual who shares our philosophy and would like to take an influential role involving mentoring, developing, implementing, and evaluating the educational program. You'll also determine how the program is to support the community and culture.
As the Educational Leader in Outside School Hours Care, for you to be successful the role will not be part of the ratio. You’ll be supported by the General Manager with a supportive leadership structure including Coordinators, a Greens team, a Wellbeing team, a Social team, and supervisors. Why explore this opportunity with us
The role of an Educational Leader
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Supportive leadership structure to Enhance quality outcomes for children, families, and the community.
- The provider encourages and supports professional development.
- You are supported by the services leadership team to effect positive change.
- Innovative OOSH program, with plenty of opportunities ahead.
- Integrates input and is looking to implement a reconciliation action plan.
About this OOSH
- Part Time 35 hours per week.
- Inspire and Motivate educators understanding of educational programs and practice.
- Work collaboratively with the team involving critical thinking.
- Encourage continuous improvement across all aspects of the service.
- Building knowledge, skills, and professionalism of educators.
- Leading the development and implementation of My Time Our Place.
What will set you apart
- Experienced team of supervisors to collaborate with.
- Supportive experienced Manager.
- Professional development opportunities.
- BSC 7 am – 9 am | ASC 3 pm – 6 pm | VAC 7 am – 6 pm.
- Childcare Management Software OWNA & QikKids.
- Oosh program at two locations, a short walk (550m) between services.
- One program is approved for 90 places and the second program is approved for 45 places.
- You have a Diploma or Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care or equivalent qualification in OSHC. Or extensive and 1-2 years of proven experience in a similar role at a similar sized service.
- Someone with experience working in OSHC and or Educational Leader experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the NQF - NQS, Framework, and Regulations.
- Someone with experience working in the Outside School Hours Care sector.
- You can collaboratively, support and embed programs and practice.
- Someone who can lead, build and empower educators in play based learning.
- Someone who can foster the development of each child’s self-esteem and pride in his or her cultural heritage.
- Someone who understands the developmental needs of school aged children.
- Communication skills and emotional intelligence enable you to work with parents, children, your team, and community members.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004/12 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Diploma in Children’s Services (Out-of-Hours-Care), or equivalent.
- COVID-19 Vaccination status By applying, you understand this requirement and have the required document.
- WWCC current Working with Children Check.
Firefly HR: Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators Child Safety:
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Does this sound like the role for you? Hit “Apply” Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Educational Leader.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at email@example.com
For more information find us on:
Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
Firefly HR Professional development
- Educational Leader | Off the floor | Part Time 35 hrs per week.
- Leadership Opportunity | $34-$37 pending qualification & experience.
- Flexible Work Approach | Block or Split Shifts | Monday- Friday.