Budyeri Kamaru (Hello in Gadigal) This service acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land we reside and practice, the Gadigal and Bidjigal peoples. We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters, and culture and pay our respects to Elders Past, Present, and Emerging throughout Australia
In our diverse community, we have a leadership position open for someone with experience managing a team to enhance our children's outside school hours care experiences. We are interested in connecting with someone who is dedicated to developing a harmonious work environment that is based on respect, understanding, and effective communication.
If you share our vision of providing a safe environment where children are able to partake in planned experiences that align with My Time Our Place learning outcomes as well as spontaneous play and leisure activities? If so, then this could be the role for you.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity if you're looking for a position that combines mentoring, liaising with families, and budgeting as well as someone who can display a strong work ethic and a positive attitude towards managing day to day operations. Is this role the right fit for you?
We would like to connect with someone
- Block shifts however a combination of split shifts will allow you to have a strong presence at the service working directly with children, allowing you to develop your team's professional practice and ensure you are meeting the needs of the community.
- Day-to-day management of the service where you are responsible for rostering, mentoring & supporting the team, quality & compliance, QIP, liaising with families & ensuring adherence to service budget.
- Administrative duties in accordance with regulations and Framework, including allocated administration time.Educational Programs – Based on My time, Our place.
- Creating relationships and communicating with children, staff, parents, and the community.
- Contribute to the compliance, completion, and implementation of the NQS.
- Comply with all service policies and procedures. You are engaging with children during the implementation of the program.
- Flexible approach for candidates looking for block shifts and split shifts.
About our OOSH
- With leadership skills & the ability to mentor a team of educators.
- Is community-focused and will ensure positive relationships and interactions with the school are maintained.
- With experience communicating with stakeholders including families, school communities, school executives, and the management team.
- With a strong knowledge and understanding of the NQF - NQS, Framework, and Regulations.
- With a strong knowledge of school aged children’s development and needs.
- With strong communication skills.
- With experience working in the Outside School Hours Care sector in a leadership position.
- Dedicated to developing a harmonious team environment, incorporating leadership based on respect, understanding, and effective communication.
- With previous experience in Outside School Hours Care.
- Someone who can write policies, procedures, and risk assessments.
- Supportive leadership structure Full Time Director (this role), Part-Time Assistant Director (WH&S Rep) & PT Program Director (Educational Leader)| Full Time Chef and a team of casual and part-time Educators.
- BSC 7.15 am – 9 am | ASC 3 pm – 6 .15pm | Vac 7.15 am – 6.15 pm.
- Proudly seen as part of the school community.
- Exclusive space within the school community.
- Access to various play spaces within the school, including the library.
- Office space.
- Approved 150 places | Meeting NQS.
- Childcare management software My Family Lounge.
- Fantastic Parent Management Committee, providing ongoing support and mentoring.
- Great working culture with the school, and supportive school principal.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain.
- HLTAID004/12 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care, Diploma, or extensive and 1-2 years of proven experience in a similar role at a similar sized service.
- COVID-19 Vaccination status By applying, you understand this requirement and have the required document.
- Valid WWCC Working with Children Check.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for OOSH Director.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information find us on: Facebook
@fireflyhr Check out our Professional Development calendar
https://linktr.ee/fireflyhr Firefly HR: Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
- Join a Dynamic Team in a Supportive Community for a Not For Profit.
- Flexible Work Approach | Block Shifts | 38 hours per week.
- Above Award | $40-$45 per hour dependent on qualifications & experience.