Warami! – Hello (Darug)
This community acknowledges the Aboriginal connections to the Wangal Clan and is located on the land of the Dharug Nation.
As the Coordinator (Nominated Supervisor), you will be a part of a community that prides itself on excellence. This role is perfect for someone who can manage the day to day operations of an OSHC service. Are you someone who is looking for a position that combines mentoring, liaising with families, and budgeting as well as someone who can display a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. Then this could be what you're looking for. We are looking for?
This role offers
- Someone with leadership skills & the ability to mentor a team of educators.
- Someone who is community-focused and will ensure positive relationships and interactions with the school is maintained.
- Someone with experience communicating with stakeholders including families, school communities, school executives, and the management team.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the NQF - NQS, Framework, and Regulations.
- Strong knowledge of school aged children’s development and needs.
- Someone who has strong communication skills.
- Someone with experience working in the Outside School Hours Care sector in a leadership position.
- Someone dedicated to developing a harmonious team environment, incorporating leadership based on respect, understanding, and effective communication.
- Previous experience in Outside School Hours Care.
About our Outside School Hours Care service
- The split shift structure will allow you to have a strong presence at the service working directly with children, allowing you to develop your team's professional practice and ensure you are meeting the needs of the community.
- Day to day management of the service where you are responsible for rostering, mentoring & supporting the team, quality & compliance, QIP, liaising with families & ensuring adherence to service budget.
- Administrative duties in accordance with regulations and Framework, allocated administration time.
- Educational Programs – Based on My time, Our place.
- Creating relationships and Communicating with Children, staff, parents, and the community
- Contribute to the compliance, completion, and implementation of the NQS.
- Comply with all service policies and procedures.
- Actively engaging with children during the implementation of the program.
- Flexible approach for candidates looking for part time with a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Combination of block shifts and split shifts for the right person.
About our Approved Provider?
- New OSHC service, started in Term 2.
- Open 50 weeks of the year providing Before, After, and Vacation Care.
- Split shifts during Before and After school care & block shifts during Vacation Care.
- Before School care 7 am to 9 am (2 hour shift) and After School Care 3 pm - 6.30 pm (3½ hour shift).
- Vacation Care operates from 7 am -6.30 pm.
- Allocated Administrative time to ensure focus on the children, staff, and families during operating hours.
- Approved for 105.
- New purpose built OSHC service.
- Childcare Management Software | Qikkids | Qikkids Kiosk & Family Lounge.
- Wonderful OSHC community built on respectful relationships between educators & children.
- You will be working alongside a team of professionals who pride themselves on providing high quality childcare services with interest based programs.
- The Area Manager visits once a month (at minimum) to offer support & guidance.
- A supportive leadership structure consists of, General Manager, Area Manager, Quality Compliance Manager, and Assistant Coordinator to assist you in managing day to day operations.
- Positive work environments where your wellbeing will be prioritised.
- Network opportunities with like-minded professionals across our business.
- Above award wages pending qualifications.
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network of centres, including succession planning and career progression.
- Head office manages CCS, Enrolments, and Inclusion Support portal.
- Diploma of Children's Services (Out-of-Hours-Care), or equivalent.
- Working with Children Check (under the new guidelines).
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- High communication skills
- Experience in leading a team.
- Knowledge of school aged children's development and needs.
- Current knowledge and experience with the National Quality Standards and My Time Our Place.
- CHCPRT001Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain.
- HLTAID004/02 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Coordinator. Want to know more contact us at
email@example.com Connect with us on Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
It takes a community to raise children, no matter how much money one has. Nobody can do it well alone.
And it’s the bedrock security of a community that we and our children need.
Marian Wright Edelman.
- Part Time Coordinator | Networking and Career Opportunities.
- 30 - 37.5 hrs per week | Split Shifts allowing Life Study Work Balance.
- Above Award | $33-$40 per hour | Dependent on Experience & Qualification.