The Traditional Owners of the land on which this Service sits are the Gweagal (Gwiyagal) people. They are a clan of the Dharawal people. This area of Southern Sydney is rich in First Nations history and culture and this Service takes pride in its connection to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and values their knowledge, stories, language and guidance.
Are you an experienced Coordinator who is an excellent communicator and particularly skilled in managing relationships? If so, this Service needs you!
We would love to chat to experienced and professional Coordinators who are looking to work for a really supportive organisation which prides itself on offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
Working as a key part of a supportive management structure, and with an experienced team of Educators on board, this is a great opportunity to work closely with the school and community to maintain and grow a warm, fun, inclusive, and encouraging environment for the children who attend Outside School Hours Care.
This Service runs from a roomy school hall where they have a dedicated private office, a kitchen, and plenty of storage space to be able to run a professional and well-resourced programme. The school is supportive of its OSHC and works collaboratively to ensure the Service runs smoothly.
This Service is part of a small group of Services run by one Approved Provider which provides excellent support for its teams, including an Area Manager and a Compliance Manager who are there to help with all the tricky stuff around writing the QIP, doing self-assessment, handling A&R, etc. They are also very keen on developing their staff and promoting from within. So, if you ever had the thought of taking on a head office position one day, this could be the place to start!
In order to attract committed Education and Care professionals to their team, this Service will pay above award wages - $39 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. About you
- You’re dedicated to providing ongoing guidance and support to improve outcomes for families.
- You have a sound knowledge and understanding of the NQF | NQS | MYTOP | Regulations.
- You have experience in a leadership position, guiding and mentoring a team.
- You ideally hold an ECE | OSHC Diploma or equivalent, perhaps studying towards a qualification in Children’s Services.
- You have experience in a leadership position in OSHC (ideally) or ECE - Coordinator | Assistant Coordinator | Responsible Person | Nominated Supervisor
- Someone who is passionate about working with children and can mentor educators in supportive practices for children with additional needs.
- Someone who is career minded and thrives on making a positive difference.
- You have experience dealing with management, building relationships & ensuring positive interactions with the school community.
- Someone who strives for and makes a positive difference and who can take charge and ownership of the service.
- You’re adaptable, you are open and willing to learn new things, take on new challenges, and make adjustments to suit transitions in the service.
- Fully immunised and up to date with your boosters.
- CHCPRT001Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain.
- HLTAID012 - ‘Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Ideally, you will hold an ECE | OSHC Diploma or equivalent, perhaps studying towards a qualification in Children’s Services.
- 1-2 years of proven experience in a similar role
- Current Working With Vulnerable People card
- Covid 19 Vaccination Certificate By applying, you have the required documentation.
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great Coordinator.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at email@example.com Firefly HR: Providing guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
For more information find us on: Facebook
@fireflyhr Check out our Professional Development calendar
- Above award wage | $39 + super depending on experience
- 30-38 hours per week | flexible shift structure
- Great working environment | Como area