Coordinator | Outside School Hours Care | Turramurra Area (Darug Land) This service is located on the Traditional Land of the Darramuragal People or Darug People. The Darramuragal People had a strong kinship with their land developing a rich culture of language, customs & spirituality.
We are seeking an experienced, community minded OSHC Leader to join this well-established team on the North Shore.
This Approved Provider places a strong emphasis on ongoing professional development and growth. You will be greeted with a fantastic onboarding program that will allow you to get to know the service, children & team. You will have ongoing access to an online training platform, opportunities to network with other Service Coordinators and Directors, and the ability to attend an annual conference focusing on pedagogy and practice.
As well as Educator wellness, there is a key focus on children’s mental health. A program has been developed with the Sydney Brain and Mind Centre which is headed by a Wellness Coordinator who will develop and support you to implement the program with your Services’ children.
The Service, School & Approved Provider are all passionate about inclusivity and diversity. You must also be keen to support inclusive practices to ensure equity for families, children, and educators. About the role:
About the Service
- Coordinator role (Nominated Supervisor)
- Full time permanent role | 38 hours per week
- Mix of split and block shifts
- Supportive Area Manager who will visit at least once a month
- You will lead and mentor a team of long-standing educators including 2 permanent part-time responsible persons (with the service for 3 years) + a pool of regular casual educators
- Competitive salary with added incentives such as salary sacrificing options
- Base rate + a Coordinator allowance
- You will also be the Educational Leader of the Service and have the opportunity to lead the team in implementing a quality program
- Service is meeting the NQS
- Small service, licensed for under 50 children
- Own space located on school grounds, beautiful facilities, and own office space
- Able to use various play spaces throughout the school in addition to the OSHC space
- Fantastic relationship with the primary school. The OSHC service is highly valued and seen as an extension of the school environment
- The school often holds events such as fundraising events which the OSHC are welcome to take part time
- You are passionate about working with children and implementing exciting programs that offer opportunities for exploration and wonder
- You are a leader who enjoys mentoring and developing their educators
- You have had experience in a similar role and understand what it means to be a Coordinator and Nominated Supervisor
- You have a good understanding the National Quality Framework and all it entails including the National Law & Regulations, National Quality Standards, and the Guiding Principles of the NQF
- You understand the National Principles of Child Safe Organisations and endeavour to implement them in your everyday practice
- You are reflective and are always striving for continuous improvement
- You are a clear communicator and enjoy building strong relationships with children, families, educators, and the wider community
- Experience working in a similar role
- Ability to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status (at least 2 doses)
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check
- Although a qualification isn’t essential, a Certificate or Diploma of Children Services or working towards a qualification will be looked upon fondly.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
A Working with Children Check applies to this position.
- Supportive Approved Provider which strong focus on Educator & Child wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development opportunities including yearly conferences
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a well respected OSHC service