Senior Educator | Outside School Hours Care (OSHC / OOSH) | Rose Bay
This Service is based on the land of the Traditional Custodians, the Gadigal and Birrabirragal people. The area is rich in local Aboriginal history and the Service pays respect to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in, working in, or visiting this area.
We are seeking 2 part-time senior Educators to join the OSHC team at the well-loved service in the Eastern Suburbs. As a senior Educator you will support the existing Coordinator & Director in the day-to-day management of the service.
You will support the Management Team by ensuring a quality planning cycle is implemented, guiding the educator team in their daily practice, ensuring consistency in routines and transitions for children & liaising with families and the school community. Why this role?
- Permanent part-time position (around 15-20 hours per week) - negotiable
- Opportunities for growth, development & career progression within the service
- Step up into the role of Responsible Person (Person in Day-to-Day Charge) in the absence of the Coordinator or Director
- Support and guide a team of committed and passionate educators
- Plenty of professional development opportunities available as well as a focus on educator wellbeing and engagement
- Supportive community and Parent Management Committee who are happy to spend money on resourcing the Service well and making sure the children are happy and engaged
- Well supported role – highly experienced Coordinator & Director
- Above award wages with wage increase after your 3-month probation!
- You are passionate about working with children, especially in the middle childhood age bracket
- You are looking for growth in your role as an OSHC professional
- You have had previous experience working as an Educator in an Outside School Hours environment
- You have great communication skills and are able to build strong partnerships with families & the school community
- You can build position relationships with children and engage them in the service program
- Previous experience in a Responsible Person role (PIDTDC) will be looked upon fondly.
- Required: a valid and current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Required: CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (or willingness to obtain)
- Required: Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
- Required: Ability to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. A Working with Children Check applies to this position. Would you like to work here?
Please do not hesitate to inquire for any further questions on the position via the team at firstname.lastname@example.org Apply now!
to submit your resume along with a cover letter that outlines why you would make a great fit for this position. Make sure you specify the amount of hours you can commit to on your application. Please ensure your resume is up to date & showcases who you are.
You may want to include a personal philosophy or mission statement to stand out from the other candidates. Please apply through the link. Firefly HR – OSHC & ECE Specific Recruitment Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
- Permanent part-time position (around 15-20 hours per week).
- Opportunities for growth, development & career progression within the service.
- Well supported role - highly experienced Coordinator & Director.