Warami – Hello (Darug)
This is an amazing opportunity if you are currently an RP or Assistant Coordinator in an education and care service and are looking for a change of scene, or to advance your career and step into a new challenge.
Located in the beautiful suburb of Kenthurst this Service is in a great primary school, centrally located only:
-10 minutes from Kellyville
- 13 mins from Castle Hill
- 17 mins from Pennant Hills
- 22 mins from Blacktown
- 25 mins from Hornsby This Service is a little different from traditional OSHC/OOSH Services!
Imagine having a wide range of activities for children that are supported and facilitated by teachers from the school as well as OSHC educators! The activities program at this Service will have classes on learning areas such as robotics, coding, drama, musical instruments, sport, and more. All these activities that are aimed to act as an extension of the school day are supported by the school to enhance the children’s learning. More about this role:
More about this great Service:
- Coordinator/Nominated Supervisor Position.
- Educational Leader for the Service.
- Permanent full-time, 38 hours per week (plenty of admin time included).
- $38 - $43 per hour + 10% super!
- Mix of block shifts and Broken shifts for that work/life balance
- You can build and maintain strong partnerships with different stakeholders in the school community.
- Licenced for under 60 children. This is a small and intimate Service!
- You will manage the day-to-day operations of the Service and lead a team of educators. You will work on strategic planning, management of educators, community engagement and much more.
- This Service is brand new! You can build the team and be surrounded by a team of passionate and lively educators who work every day to create an environment that furthers the children’s development and educational journeys.
- A chance to Make Your Mark on the Service!
- Be supported by an experienced and qualified Area Coordinator.
Let’s get to know you!
- Beautiful natural bushland setting.
- Excellent facilities and large shared space only used by students at lunch time, set up and pack down of some resources only.
- Brand new kitchen.
- Dedicated storage space and office space.
- The educators are knowledgeable, mature, and experienced.
- School community is very close, with the Service aiming to be an extension of the school community.
- The Service emanates the school’s vision and values.
- Very supportive non- for- profit organisation who values your wellbeing.
- Opportunity to study a Diploma in School Aged Care – Paid for!
- No Vacation Care at this Service! – but an opportunity to network and work at close by services during the school holidays.
- You can think outside the box, and you are innovative.
- You are a knowledgeable, approachable, and collaborative leader, whilst being professional and compliance driven.
- You are a strong leader who is integrated within the school community.
- You can build and maintain relationships with the school and teachers.
- You possess experience liaising with a variety of stakeholders and building positive relationships within the community.
- You possess demonstrated experience in a Coordinator role within an OSHC Centre and as a Nominated Supervisor).
- You possess thorough knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards, and My Time Our Place.
- You possess high emotional intelligence and communication skills that allow you to communicate with different stakeholders, parents, children, the school, and community members.
- You understand the importance of being an integral part of the school community.
- You are a positive role model for children and other staff members.
Does this role entice you?
- Desired but not compulsory: Relevant Qualification in childcare or teaching: Certificate IV in Outside School Hours Care, Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Diploma, or Teaching Qualification. Working towards a qualification may be considered for the right candidate.
- Current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012’- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Current ‘CHCPRT001- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk’ training (or willingness to obtain).
- Child Safety – We are looking for someone who understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
- Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check
- Criminal History Check
- COVID-19 Vaccinations – You will need to be double vaccinated and show proof of this.
with your resume outlining your experience and a cover letter stating which service you are interested in. For more information find us on: Facebook
@fireflyhr www.fireflyhr.com.au - Firefly HR- a small boutique organisation of professional and passionate educators and individuals who are driven to instil positive change in the OSHC and ECE sectors. -
Yanu – Goodbye (Darug)
This Service is located on the traditional land of the Darug people. Aboriginal history is all around us and is crucial to the culture and history of Australia. We encourage all OSHC professionals to spend time reflecting and empowering themselves with knowledge around the Indigenous culture of where they live and work.
To learn more about the Darug people, click here: https://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Community/Our-people/Aboriginal-communities
- $75,000 - $85,000 plus super
- 10 Mins from Kellyville, 15 from Castle Hill
- Amazing opportunity to take the next step in your career