This role in Quakers Hill is for someone who is looking to pursue a career in a leadership position. That combines building and shaping the knowledge, skills, and practice of their colleagues, liaising with families, and empowering educators to become more intentional with their expertise and pedagogy. If you’re someone who can display a strong work ethic and a positive attitude towards how our practice reflects the National Quality Standards. Then this leadership opportunity could be what you’re looking for.
This role is looking for an experienced leader with a sound knowledge of the curriculum. As the Educational Leader, you will be joining a large OSHC service, collaborating with a team of educators in providing learning and developmental outcomes for children. This role will be allocated administrative hours and supported by a leadership structure that consists of the Coordinator, 2IC, Area Manager, and head office.About the role
- Will help you gain vital skills and knowledge so you can extend your professional portfolio.
- You will gain exposure to leadership roles in OOSH.
- Explore and build on your talent and expertise in people management. This is a perfect step to understanding your leadership style.
- The split shift structure will allow you to have a strong presence at the service and on the floor, allowing you to develop your team's professional practice and ensure you are meeting the needs of the community.
- Day to day management of the service where you are responsible for mentoring & supporting the team, quality & compliance.
- Allocated time off and on the floor with the children & educators.
- This role aims to motivate and inspire educators to critically reflect, observe and plan stimulating play based learning experiences for primary school age children.
- Someone with experience working in the Outside School Hours Care sector in a senior or leadership position.
- Someone dedicated to developing a harmonious team environment, incorporating leadership based on respect, understanding, and effective communication.
- Strong knowledge of school aged children’s development and needs.
- Someone with leadership skills & the ability to mentor a team of educators.
- Someone who is focused and will ensure positive relationships and interactions with the Educators and families is maintained.
- Someone with experience communicating with stakeholders including families, school communities, and the management team.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the NQF - NQS.
- Someone who has strong communication skills.
- Diploma or Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care or equivalent qualification in OSHC. Or extensive proven experience in a similar role at a similar sized service.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain.
- HLTAID004 or HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain.
- WWCC valid Working with Children Check.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Educational Leader.
Do you want to know more about the position?
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at email@example.com
Connect with us on
Facebook @fireflyhrOSHC Instagram @fireflyhr
We acknowledge the Darug people as the custodians of the land on which this OOSH service operates on. As educators, we commit to walking together on a journey of inclusion and reconciliation.
- Leadership position | Part Time 35 hours per week | Monday to Friday.
- $29 - $32 dependent on qualification and experience.
- Large OOSH | Exceeding the National Quality Standards |