Prepare nutritious meals in OOSH for primary school aged children.
Do you enjoy cooking nutritious meals and snacks for children, this role combines cooking, planning, organisation, and teamwork. Be part of our Parent Managed Committed OOSH service in Balgowlah Heights, you'll be supporting primary school aged children with their developmental needs.Job Benefits
This role is looking for someone who
- Pays Above Award $30- $35 ph pending qualifications and experience.
- Support the health & wellbeing of the children through planning & preparing nutritious meals and snacks.
- Work in collaboration with all team members and stakeholders.
- Ordering & purchasing supplies in consultation with the Director & programming team.
- Consult with families and guardians regarding their children’s dietary requirements and allergies.
- Engage in self-reflection practices to guide professional and personal development.
- Is available Monday to Friday| 2 – 4 hours per day, between 12:30 pm- 5 pm.
- Has excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Has experience in shopping online & stock management.
- Will ensure safe practices for handling, preparing, and storing foods.
- Can prepare food for the children for After School Care and Vacation Care afternoon tea.
- Understanding and ability to accommodate both cultural and medical dietary requirements.
- Will actively support the organisation’s philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Has current working rights.
- Valid and NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
is located in the Northern beaches area formally known as Guringai Country, the land of the Garigal people.
- Leadership structure consists of | Director | Co Director | Assistant Director| Team Leaders.
- Before School Care 7:15 am – 9:05 am| After School Care 3 pm – 6:30 pm| Vac Care 7:30 am – 6 pm.
- After School Care average attendance is 125 children per day.
- The menu includes Breakfast and Afternoon Tea.
- Great Kitchen facilities | own space.
- Located within school grounds.
- Meeting NQS.
- Not For Profit service run by a director and parent management committee.
- Experience in providing allergy safe food.
- Previous experience in nutrition and dietary requirements of children.
- Previous experience working within an Early Childhood or Outside School Hours Care setting.
- Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent with a unit of completion in Menu Planning.
- Safety in Food Handling Certification.
- Food and Menu Planning Certification.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain.
- HLTAID004/12 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Cook in OOSH.
Want to know more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on Facebook
@fireflyhrFirefly HR: Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.
- Cook | Chef | Kitchen Hand | Great Kitchen Facilities.
- Permanent Part Time | 15 - 20 hours per week | Monday - Friday.
- Above Award | $30 -$35 dependant qualification & experience.