Worimi! – Hello (Darug)
This Service is located on the traditional land of the Darug people. The Darug people comprised of around fifteen different clans who were known for their strong kinship ties and hunting skills. The Darug people were also known as the “tomahawk people” and hunted kangaroos, emus, and land animals. The Darug language is one of the two Indigenous dialects spoken, with the other language being spoken by the Eroa people.
Click here to learn more about the Darug people: https://www.historyofaboriginalsydney.edu.au/west/1800s
Are you an experienced educator who is seeking a permanent role with a supportive non for profit organisation? Then, this is the opportunity for you!
We are on the search for two OSHC/OOSH educators to join the team at this incredible Service where you will have the opportunity to be creative, express your ideas, and shine! These roles are perfect if you are studying or have other commitments in the mornings, as you are only required to work in the afternoons from 1:30pm.
If you are a team player, possess great communication skills, and can take initiative when necessary, then these roles will be a great fit for you! You will be part of a strong and experienced team that values personalised professional development and strongly promotes educator wellbeing.
This opportunity involves:
- 2 x permanent part-time educator roles for varying hours.
- 1 x 20 hours per week (afternoons only from 2pm to 6pm 5 days per week), 1 x 22.5 hours per week (afternoons only from 1:30pm to 6:00pm 5 days per week).
- This Service also runs vacation care, where your shift times will vary.
- Above Award Wages! $26 - $29 per hour + 10% super!
- Interact and engage with children on the floor, facilitate and implement programmed activities, engage in spontaneous play, support children, guide behaviour, participate in tasks as part of a strong team.
- Great professional development opportunities and regular team bonding activities and outings.
- Support from fantastic Educational Leader and Service Coordinator.
More about this incredible Service:
- This service is rated as Exceeding under the National Quality Standards!
- Very supportive school principal who treats the OSHC team like family.
- Family oriented Service.
- Several children attend who require additional support with communication, self-regulation, mobility, and toileting.
- This Service works closely with their KU inclusion professional and possess great knowledge about inclusion support.
- Extremely supportive Educational Leader, and Coordinator.
- Connections with the local community regarding sustainability, educational programs with the local council, and businesses.
- Team of long-standing educators who all have unique strengths and abilities.
- Plenty of professional development opportunities.
- The team loves getting together and hosts team bonding events
Let’s get to know you!
- You are an experienced educator who is flexible and approachable.
- You must be able to run and participate in activities in an inclusive program that is tailored to the needs of the children and community.
- You will value children as independent and capable learners.
- You will be able to support children to learn through play and discovery.
- You are team oriented.
- You have great initiative
- You are ready to support children who require additional support through communication, self-regulation, mobility, and toileting.
- Desirable: experience working with children.
- Possesses current ‘HLTAID004 or HLTAID012- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting’ Certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Required: Valid and current NSW Paid Working with Children Check.
- Required: Ability to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
A Working with Children Check applies to this position.
Is this your dream job?
Please do not hesitate to inquire for any further questions on the position via the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click “APPLY” to submit your resume along with a cover letter that outlines why you would make a great fit for this position.
Make sure you specify the amount of hours you can commit to on your application.
Please ensure your resume is up to date & showcases who you are.
You may want to include a personal philosophy or mission statement to stand out from the other candidates. Please apply through the link.
- Firefly HR – OSHC & ECE Specific Recruitment
Encouraging Positive Change - made by Educators for Educators.-
- 2 x Educator roles (afternoons only)
- Permanent Part-Time roles with varying hours | 22.5 hours or 20 hours per week
- Above Award Wages! | $26 - $29 per hour + 10 % super