Warami ~ Hello (Darug) This service is located on land that is part of the Country of the inland Darug people, whose territory extended from the Blue Mountains to the coast.
We welcome Diploma Educators at all stages of their professional journey to join this Not for Profit Early Childhood Education service located in the Box Hill area in Sydney’s Hill District. Work alongside other dedicated Early Childhood Education professionals in an organisation that truly puts the children first – the quality of care is at the forefront of all that they do. About the Position:
About the Education Service:
- Diploma- Above Award, $29.27 - $30.67 ph.
- Work with children in their formative years, introduce them to the school environment and help them to develop key skills that provide the basis for future learning.
- Shifts to range between the extended hours of operation of 6:30 am – 6 pm (please state if you have a preference of early, late, anything else, etc).
- Opportunities for growth at the service and responsibility for learning areas of interest within the team.
We are looking for
- This service is already connected to the community and has links to a school, with great partnership plans in place (transition to school programs, familiarity with the surroundings, and so much more). The school framework happens to be enquiry based learning, which aligns well with the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) to help contribute to a community of learners.
- Service will operate for extended hours, from 6:30 am to 6 pm.
- The service Director is Bachelor qualified (ECT) and experienced.
- Service utilises Xplor for CCMS & documentation.
- Well resourced service that is purpose built with great indoor and outdoor flow.
- There are 3 spaces within the service that makes for easy grouping as needed.
- The service, program is Reggio inspired play based / enquiry-based approach. As a progressive service, this approach is always being looked at to what suits the children and Educators.
- A Diploma or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification (includes those studying ECT qualification that is 30% through).
- Awareness of the National Quality Framework.
- An understanding of the EYLF: Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia.
- Have values that align with respect, encouragement, and care.
- Someone with empathy and patience.
- Someone that has a natural affinity for children and a genuine desire to nurture their development.
- Good communication skills.
- Current Working with children check.
- CHCPRT001Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain. Often in your qualification.
- HLTAID012 / 004 (superseded) Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain. Often in your qualification.
- COVID-19 Vaccination status By applying, you understand this requirement and have the required document.
Looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people. Does this sound like the role for you?
Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great fit for Educator. Want to know more? connect with us at
firstname.lastname@example.org Follow us on Facebook
@fireflyhrOSHC and Instagram
@fireflyhr Firefly HR: Providing guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
- Permanent Part Time | 2 days per week
- Above Award | $29.27 - $30.67 ph | Service operates above ratio.
- Extended Hours Preschool (3-5yrs) | Networking opportunities.